Knights Halt the Attack
Three more points from the OHL's leading scorer led the London Knights to a 4-2 victory over the Owen Sound Attack at the Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre on Saturday night.
Connor McMichael scored once and added two assists to give him 19 goals and 41 points on the year. The win moved London into sole possession of first place in the OHL's Midwest Division and stretched London's winning streak to five games.
The Knights have collected 15 points out of a possible 16 dating back to October 19 and they handed Owen Sound just their second loss on home ice.
McMichael extended his point streak to nine games by setting up the game's first goal by Liam Foudy on an early London power play and then scored himself on a steal and a slithery move around a defender. Before the buzzer sounded to end the first period, McMichael fed Alec Regula for his seventh goal of the year on another Knights man advantage.
Aidan Dudas scored for Owen Sound in the opening frame.
Between the 12:20 mark of the first and 16:07 of the third period, goalies Dylan Myskiw of the Knights and Mack Guzda shared the spotlight in keeping the puck out of their respective nets. The pair combined for 80 saves in the game.
A goal by Igor Chibrikov with 3:53 left in regulation made for an interesting finish as Owen Sound pressed for the game-tying goal, but solid efforts from players like Alec Regula and Billy Moskal in the defensive zone of the Knights and a couple more saves from Myskiw helped to wind down the clock and the Liam Foudy sealed things by scoring his second of the game into an empty net.
Foudy has at least a point in all nine games he has played for London this season.
The Knights were 2-for-5 on the power play and killed off all five Owen Sound chances on the man advantage.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Noel Leads the Charge Offensively in Generals' Victory over Rangers - Oshawa Generals
- Spirit Pull off Comeback Victory in Windsor - Saginaw Spirit
- Rangers Fall to OHL-Leading Generals, 4-2 - Kitchener Rangers
- Battalion Comes up Empty - North Bay Battalion
- Petes Earn Point in Overtime Loss to Division Rival 67's - Peterborough Petes
- Sting Hold off Batallion with a 4-2 Victory - Sarnia Sting
- CIBC Canada Russia Series Rolls into Budweiser Gardens Monday Night - London Knights
- Bressette Collects First OHL Goal, Otters Edged 4-3 by Attack in Shootout Loss - Erie Otters
- Guzda Stands Tall in 4-3 Shootout Win over Otters - Owen Sound Attack
- Jenik's Four Points Not Enough to Overcome Tynan and the IceDogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Garreffa Scores Two and Quinn Gives 67's Win in OT - Ottawa 67's
- Special Teams and Goaltending Lead IceDogs to 5-4 Win in Hamilton - Niagara IceDogs
- Game Preview: Generals Look to Round out a Perfect Weekend with a Win against the Rangers - Oshawa Generals
- Preview: Spirit Face Road Test Sunday in Windsor - Saginaw Spirit
- Knights Halt the Attack - London Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.