Pats Acquire Rights to Forward Bryce Bader from Prince Albert
Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats Hockey Club is pleased to announce they have acquired the playing rights to 18-year-old forward Bryce Bader from the Prince Albert Raiders.
In exchange, the Pats send a conditional eighth round pick in the 2022 WHL Bantam Draft to the Raiders.
Bader (6'1, 203) was originally drafted by the Calgary Hitmen in the second round, 38th overall, in the 2016 WHL Bantam Draft. He played in 14 games with the Hitmen, scoring four times. The Raiders acquired his rights in January of 2019.
"We are happy to be able to make this deal," said Pats VP of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Paddock. "Bryce is a good player and we will work to see if Regina is a place he would like to continue his career."
The Pats continue the 2019 preseason on Friday at home to the Prince Albert Raiders at 7 p.m. at the Brandt Centre. Tickets are $10 at the door.
Regina will start the regular season on September 20 at home against the Moose Jaw Warriors at 7 p.m. at the Brandt Centre. Single game tickets, Season tickets and split season packages for the 2019-20 season are available now by visiting reginapats.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 12, 2019
- Game One of WHL Exhibition Series in Dawson Creek Goes to Oil Kings - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Tigers Announce Home Opener Festivities - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Returning Players & Subtractions Cut Roster to 26 - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Swing Trade with Pats - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pats Acquire Rights to Forward Bryce Bader from Prince Albert - Regina Pats
- Broncos Acquire Brecon Wood from Seattle - Swift Current Broncos
- Gustafson Already a Steady Presence on Rebels Blueline - Red Deer Rebels
- T-Birds Acquire Ashton McNelly from Swift Current - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Mattson, Topping, and Lee on their way back to Kelowna - Kelowna Rockets
- Cougars Acquire Prospect from the Prince Albert Raiders - Prince George Cougars
- Raiders Complete Trade with Cougars - Prince Albert Raiders
- Winnipeg ICE Reassign 2003-Born Forwards Skyler Bruce, Chase Bertholet and Evan Waldie - Winnipeg Ice
- What Kings to Host Smart Like a Patroller Day - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Pats Store Headed to Cornwall Centre for Holiday Shopping Season
- Pats Join T's for Toys in Support of Eagle Heart Centre
- Tickets Now Available for Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Saskatchewan WHL Clubs Partner to Launch Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Pats acquire defenceman Tom Cadieux from Tri-City