Cougars Acquire Prospect from the Prince Albert Raiders
PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The Prince George Cougars Hockey Club is pleased to announce they have acquired 2002-born forward Davin Griffin from the Prince Albert Raiders, in exchange for a conditional Western Hockey League (WHL) Bantam Draft pick.
"Davin is an offensive player that has a track record of scoring at the Bantam and Midget levels," said Cougars' General Manager & Head Coach Mark Lamb. "We needed to add to our 2002-born age group, and he is that piece we were looking for."
Griffin, 17, was drafted by the Raiders in the fifth-round, 100th overall, in the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft.
The Regina, Saskatchewan product played the last two seasons with the Saskatoon Contacts in the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League. Last season the 5'10, 157-pound forward finished third in scoring on the Contacts, as he compiled 46 points (26g, 20a) in 43 regular season games. He also was the top goal-scorer on the Contacts. The season prior, in his first year of Midget, Griffin led the Contacts in scoring with 35 points (17g, 18a) in 39 games. In his Bantam Draft season, Griffin was the top goal-scorer the Saskatchewan Bantam AA Hockey League with 50 goals in 30 regular season games.
Single game tickets are now on-sale! See exciting Western Hockey League action starting at just $13 per game! For more information, visit the TicketsNorth by Treasure Cove box office at the CN Centre, or go online to https://www.ticketsnorth.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 12, 2019
- Game One of WHL Exhibition Series in Dawson Creek Goes to Oil Kings - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Tigers Announce Home Opener Festivities - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Returning Players & Subtractions Cut Roster to 26 - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Swing Trade with Pats - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pats Acquire Rights to Forward Bryce Bader from Prince Albert - Regina Pats
- Broncos Acquire Brecon Wood from Seattle - Swift Current Broncos
- Gustafson Already a Steady Presence on Rebels Blueline - Red Deer Rebels
- T-Birds Acquire Ashton McNelly from Swift Current - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Mattson, Topping, and Lee on their way back to Kelowna - Kelowna Rockets
- Cougars Acquire Prospect from the Prince Albert Raiders - Prince George Cougars
- Raiders Complete Trade with Cougars - Prince Albert Raiders
- Winnipeg ICE Reassign 2003-Born Forwards Skyler Bruce, Chase Bertholet and Evan Waldie - Winnipeg Ice
- What Kings to Host Smart Like a Patroller Day - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Prince George Cougars Stories
- Brennan Named to Hockey Canada's Roster for 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge
- Americans Stop Cougars' Winning Streak
- Cougars Finally Beat Spokane
- Cougars Sign Goaltender Jacob Herman to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Four Prospects Named to WHL Cup Rosters