Pace Coach Headlines Pelican's Radio Show
The Pensacola Pelicans announced that Pace Head Baseball Coach Charlie Warner will be a guest on the Pelican's Radio Show broadcast tomorrow on AM 1620 from Noon until 1:00 p.m. at New York Nick's located at 9-11 Palafox Place in downtown Pensacola.
Warner will be interviewed live via telephone as Pelican Field Manager Kash Beauchamp and Pelican players Bubba Dobson, Palmer Karr, Carlos Mendoza and Matt Perdue will be on the show in person at New York Nick's with Pelicans broadcasters Jay Burnham and Eric Lewitke.
Warner coached the Pace High School baseball team to the Class 5A State High School Baseball Championship this past season posting a record of 29-3. Pace entered the tournament with a 24-3 record defeating Mosley and Forest High Schools by a combined three runs in the first two rounds of the playoffs.
The Patriots offense was ignited in the regional finals defeating Crestview 10-0. Pace won the state semi-final game in dramatic fashion scoring five runs in the seventh inning to defeat Winter Haven 8-7. The Patriots won the State Championship Game 11-7 vs. Hillsborough in Sarasota, Florida.
The Pelicans continue their six game home stand tonight vs. the Shreveport Sports at Pelican Park at 6:35 p.m. It is Splash! Fiesta Night sponsored by Jewelers Trade. Pelican baseball beads will be given away and a pig roast will take place on the left field deck before the game.
The Pelicans play home to Shreveport again tomorrow night and Sunday night at 6:00 p.m. The Krazy Karacters will entertain the fans at tomorrow night's game and Sunday is Kid's Club Sunday sponsored by Covenant Hospice. All kids who wear their Kid's Club t-shirts to the game will get in free.
Fans can purchase individual Pelican tickets in person at the Pelicans office located at 913 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Suite 8A in Gulf Breeze or through the Pelicans website at www.pensacolapelicans.com. For season tickets, group tickets, birthday parties and corporate sponsorships, fans can call the Pelicans office at 934-8444.
** INSIDE SCOOP - Tomorrow from 10 a.m. - Noon Pelican Players will be greeting fans and signing autographs at Sonshine Pets at 3180 Gulf Breeze Pkwy. Also from Noon - 2 p.m. at the Terry Wayne East Youth Ball Park on West Jackson Street Scoop will join the players at the 13th annual Big Community Cookout conducted by the Community Arts and Recreation Association. **
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 26, 2006
- American Association Recaps - AA
- Moreno hits walk-off to end Blacksnakes night - Sioux City Explorers
- Aviators down division foe Diablos - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Pelican's Streak Comes to an End as Shreveport Steals One in Pelican Park - Pensacola Pelicans
- Saltdogs Starter Strikes Out Nine - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Pace Coach Headlines Pelican's Radio Show - Pensacola Pelicans
- Pels Sign Local Pitcher - Pensacola Pelicans
- Hot Pelicans welcome Sports - Pensacola Pelicans
- Blacksnakes End Homestand on Sour Note - St. Joseph Blacksnakes
- American Association Recaps - AA
- Canaries fall one run short - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pensacola Pelicans Stories
- News from Northwest Florida Professional Baseball LLC.
- Pensacola Baseball Sells 500th Season Ticket
- Pels Training Academy Hosts 7th & 8th Grade Prep Skill Camp
- Pensacola Home to Minor League Baseball Team in 2012
- Palmisano named to Baseball America first team Independent Baseball team