P-Nats to Celebrate Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 35th Anniversary Night
Woodbridge, VA - The Potomac Nationals have a jam-packed night planned on Saturday, June 22nd as they take on the Carolina Mudcats (Milwaukee Brewers) at Northwest Federal Field at Pfitzner Stadium. A celebration of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom's 35th anniversary will be accompanied by post-game fireworks, special themed promotions, and an appearance by Washington Capitals legend Peter Bondra for a meet-and-greet and autograph signing.
The first 1,000 fans through the gates will receive an "Indiana Strasburg" bobblehead, presented by Cowles Parkway Ford. The one-of-a-kind collectible features Washington Nationals star RHP Stephen Strasburg in full Indiana Jones garb holding a Sankara Stone from the classic film.
P-Nats players and coaches will wear special Temple of Doom theme jerseys in honor of the film, and fans will have an opportunity to bid on the game-used, autographed memorabilia during an in-game silent auction presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union. The proceeds from the jersey auction will benefit Volunteer Prince William.
While Northwest Federal Field will be decorated in décor mimicking the Temple of Doom, fans can expect to see clips of the movie, hear themed music and sound effects throughout the night. Lucky fans will also have the opportunity to compete in Temple of Doom themed contests, which will include a "Monkey Brains" eating competition!
Early arriving fans will have an opportunity to meet Washington Capitals legend Peter Bondra as part of the 2019 Legends Autograph Series, presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union. A two-time 50-goal scorer, Bondra scored 472 goals in 14 seasons with the Capitals. All celebrity autograph signings at Northwest Federal Field at Pfitzner Stadium are free to fans on a first-come, first-served basis, with lines beginning as soon as gates open. Bondra is scheduled to sign autographs for free from approximately 4:45pm to 6:15pm.
Saturday is also Scout Night at the ballpark, where you can bring your troop, pack or den to the game and participate in a pre-game parade on the warning track. All scouts will receive a special patch to commemorate their experience, and will have an opportunity to spend the night camping in the outfield.
After the game, kids can run the bases presented by Glory Days Grill, while fans of all ages can stick around for a post-game fireworks spectacular presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union and WTOP. Representatives from Mary Washington Healthcare will be on hand as part of Health and Wellness Night, and the P-Nats Booster Club will be holding an auction with one-of-a-kind memorabilia.
First pitch for Potomac's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 35th Anniversary celebration is scheduled for 6:35pm on Saturday, June 22nd. Gates to the general public will open at 5:00pm.
For more information on 2019 Potomac Nationals single game tickets, please contact Director of Season Ticket and Group Ticket Sales, Alec Manriquez, by phone at 703-590-2311, ext. 221, or via e-mail at [email protected] Fans with questions may also contact Potomac Nationals' Ticket Operations Manager, Matt LeBlanc, by phone at 703-590-2311, ext. 225, or via e-mail at [email protected]
P-Nats' 2019 ticket plans and group outings are currently available for purchase. For more information, or to purchase any of these plans, contact Potomac Nationals Director of Season Ticket and Group Ticket Sales, Alec Manriquez, by phone at 703-590-2311, ext. 221, or via e-mail at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Red Sox Sweep Doubleheader - Frederick Keys
- Adams Smashes Grand Slam, Launches Woodpeckers to Victory - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Carolina Falls 6-2 as Winston-Salem's Walker Hits for Cycle in Zebulon - Carolina Mudcats
- Down East's Two-Run Ninth Propels Woodies to Victory over Birds - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Wood Ducks Go Ahead Late, Hang On To Beat Birds - Down East Wood Ducks
- Adams' Slam Lifts Woodpeckers over P-Nats - Potomac Nationals
- Pratto and Martinez Lead Wilmington to Win - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Melendez, Pratto Lead Blue Rocks Past Hillcats - Lynchburg Hillcats
- RHP Manuel Rodriguez placed on the 7-day Injured List - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- June 14 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- P-Nats to Celebrate Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 35th Anniversary Night - Potomac Nationals
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (June 14 at Carolina) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: June 14 vs. Down East - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- June 14 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- P-Nats Celebrate Office Space 20th Anniversary Night on Friday, June 21st - Potomac Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Potomac Nationals Stories
- Potomac Nationals Players Recognized in 2019 Minor League Awards
- 2019 Potomac Nationals Season in Review
- Fredericksburg Baseball Team Gets a Name
- Carson Teel Named Carolina League Player of the Month
- Fredericksburg Baseball Hires Nick Hall as New Executive Vice President and General Manager; Bryan Holland and Aaron Johnson Promoted to Vice Presidents