P-Bruins Week in Review
Providence, RI - While just one win in three tries with two shutouts mixed in this weekend for the Providence Bruins may not seem like a successful week, a closer look may prove differently with the amount of success the team's recent alumni have had in Boston. The P-Bruin roster has been depleted due to injuries their parent club has suffered, though thanks to the efforts of several Providence players Boston has been able to weather the storm. Eight players currently on Boston's roster played in Providence last season with four of those players seeing time in the ocean state this season.
Sean Kuraly netted the game-winning goal Thursday against the Vegas Golden Knights and scored another one Monday against Minnesota. Jake DeBrusk and Frank Vatrano also lit the lamp against the Wild Monday, making it three P-Bruins forwards from last year's roster to score last week for Boston. Forwards from this year's Providence squad also made the score sheet, as Danton Heinen, Jordan Szwarz and Austin Czarnik all recorded assists over the past week.
Without three of their offensive stars, the P-Bruins saw some struggles to score for the first time this season. Bridgeport shut the team out twice at the Dunkin Donuts Center, marking the first time since March 7 and 12, 2004 that they were shutout in back-to-back home games. Providence did mix in a shutout victory of their own however, as they beat the Wolf Pack 5-0 in Hartford on Saturday. Five different Bruins found the back of the net while Jordan Binnington stopped all 33 shots he faced for the team's first shutout win of the season.
Providence sits a 7-4-0-0 on the season with 14 points, though much like last season will see plenty of competition from around their division. Though they rank fifth in the conference, they are in fourth place in the Atlantic Division. Czarnik leads the team in scoring with 10 points while Szwarz ranks first in goals (5) and rating (+7). Heinen's seven assists lead Providence, so adjusting to life without all three in the lineup could take some time. Fans who did make it out to the Dunk last weekend may not have saw a win, but were treated to four fights on Sunday in addition to one on Friday. Sena Acolatse recorded three of the five weekend bouts, accumulating 43 PIM in two games.
The P-Bruins will hit the road this weekend for a brief two-game trip against divisional foes. Saturday the team heads to Wilkes-Barre Scranton for a 7:05pm tilt against the Penguins who are atop the Atlantic Division. Sunday they conclude the trip with a 3:05pm face-off against Springfield who sit at the bottom of the Atlantic and have already fell to Providence three times this season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2017
- NEWS Checkers to Host Carolina Football Night Benefiting - Charlotte Checkers
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS PARTICIPATE IN "MOVEMBER" FOR 7TH YEAR IN A ROW - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Moose Kostalek Assigned to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Recall Forward Reid Boucher - Utica Comets
- Teddy Bear Toss 3-Packs on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- COLORADO AVALANCHE REASSIGN FORWARD VLADISLAV KAMENEV TO SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio Rampage
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- COYOTES RECALL SISLO, ASSIGN DOMINGUE TO TUCSON - Tucson Roadrunners
- Manitoba Moose Moose Launch Third Annual "Share the Warmth" - Manitoba Moose
- Sabres Recall Defenseman Redmond - Rochester Americans
- Canucks Recall Forward Brendan Gaunce from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- TORONTO MARLIES FORWARD MASON MARCHMENT NAMED CCM/AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - AHL
- Reign and Gulls Shift SoCal Series Back to San Diego Saturday - Ontario Reign
- MONSTERS Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Cehlarik Lifts Providence to Game Two Win
- P-Bruins Fall 3-2 in Game One Despite Two Goals from Fitzgerald
- P-Bruins vs Phantoms: Round One Series Preview
- P-Bruins Announce First Round Schedule
- P-Bruins Net Two Goals in the Final Period to Win Regular Season Finale