P-Bruins Fall To Sharks 4-2
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins fell to the Worcester Sharks 4-2 Sunday afternoon in front of 8,026 fans at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. The P-Bruins got their goals from Zach Hamill and Vladimir Sobotka. The P-Bruins return home to the Dunkin' Donuts Center Friday for U.S. Army T-Shirt Night versus the Hartford Wolf Pack at 7:05 p.m.
Providence took a 1-0 advantage at the 19:59 mark of the opening period. Brad Marchand carried the puck behind the net and left it off for Kirk MacDonald. He put the puck near the crease where it was poked into the net by Hamill for his 13th goal of the season. The P-Bruins went into the first intermission leading 1-0.
The P-Bruins went ahead 2-0 at the 4:45 mark of the second period. Johnny Boychuk sent the puck from the P-Bruins zone to Martin St. Pierre in the neutral zone. St. Pierre brought the puck down the left boards and tossed it towards the net where Sobotka tipped it in for his 17th goal of the season. Worcester pulled back within a goal at the 6:04 mark. Frazer McLaren tallied his sixth goal of the season, while Matt Jones and Jason Demers recorded the assists. Providence led 2-1 at the second intermission.
The Sharks tied the game at two with a power play goal at the 7:46 mark of the third period. Trent Campbell netted his fourth goal of the season, with Andrew Desjardins and Derek Joslin getting the assists. Worcester took its first lead of the game at the 15:58 mark. Dan DaSilva scored his fourth goal of the season, with Demers and Patrick Traverse picking up the assists. The Sharks added an empty net goal at the 19:55 mark. Campbell netted his fifth goal of the season, while DaSilva and Desjardins had the assists. Worcester went on to the 4-2 victory.
Kevin Regan stopped 32 of 35 shots for the P-Bruins, while Thomas Greiss made 26 saves for the Sharks. The P-Bruins were 0-for-5 on the power play and 6-for-8 on the penalty kill.
The P-Bruins wrap up their home schedule with three games at The Dunk this weekend. Friday, the P-Bruins face the Wolf Pack for U.S. Army T-Shirt Night at 7:05 p.m. Saturday Providence takes on the Portland Pirates for New England Ambulance Keychain Night at 7:05 p.m. Sunday is a Family Game versus the Manchester Monarchs at 4:05 p.m. Receive a ticket, hot dog and soda for one low price. Information on P-Bruins tickets can be obtained by calling the team ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or by logging onto the team website at providencebruins.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2009
- Hogs pick up big win - Rockford IceHogs
- Houston Aeros fall 2-1 in Rockford, remain second in West Division - Houston Aeros
- Chops gain a point, but edged in a shootout by Flames on Sunday - Iowa Chops
- Curry sets single season win mark in 1-0 shootout against Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms gain rapidly Senators - Adirondack Phantoms
- Flames top Chops in shootout - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Secure West Division Title - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sharks bite Bruins 4-2 - Worcester Sharks
- Eberle Scores First Pro Goal - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Drop Second Straight to Phantoms, 4-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins clinch seventh straight postseason appearance - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hartford Wolf Pack Transaction Update - Connecticut Whale
- Filatov Helps Propel Crunch Past Toronto - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Strike Early To Beat Sound Tigers, 5-3 - Albany Devils
- Minnesota Wild recalls Kolanos, Khudobin; Aeros sign Henderson - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Fall To Sharks 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Three goals from Sound Tiger defensemen not enough at Lowell beats Sound Tigers 5-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kennedy Scores Late as Pirates Win 4-3 Over Falcons - Portland Pirates
- Bulldogs fall to Moose, 3-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose sweep Bulldogs, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Recalls Dan Jancevski From Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals fall to Chops in Shoot-out - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Earn One Point, Lose in Overtime to Springfield Thunderbirds
- Ritchie Scores Twice, Frederic Has Three-Point Night as P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-1
- P-Bruins Comeback Falls Short in 2-1 Loss to Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Sign Martin Ouellette to AHL Contract
- P-Bruins Complete Weekend Sweep, Defeat Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-3