Bulldogs fall to Moose, 3-2
Winnipeg, MB - The Hamilton Bulldogs were defeated by the Manitoba Moose 3-2 on Sunday afternoon. Cory Schneider made 44 saves on 46 shots in the win for the Moose.
The Bulldogs opened the game's scoring at 3:35 of the first frame. Shawn Belle blasted a shot that was saved by Manitoba starting goaltender Cory Schneider. Brock Trotter grabbed the loose rebound before firing a shot over the left shoulder of Schneider.
The Moose tied the game 1-1 at 13:24 of the middle stanza while on the power play. Hamilton starting goaltender Marc Denis stopped a Matt Pope shot but was unable to control the rebound. Jason Krog grabbed the loose rebound before stuffing the puck underneath Denis.
Travis Ramsey gave Manitoba a 2-1 lead at 5:31 of the final frame. Ramsey received a pass from Alexandre Bolduc before blasting a shot from the right point. The puck sailed through traffic in front of the net before beating Denis on the blocker side. The Moose took a 3-1 lead at 12:03. Krog sent a pass to Jason Jaffray, who skated down the left side boards. Jaffray snapped a shot that sailed over the right shoulder of Denis.
The Bulldogs cut the Moose's lead to 3-2 while on the power play at 18:12 of the third period. Yannick Weber fed a pass across the point to Ben Maxwell. Maxwell one-timed a shot through traffic and past the glove of Schneider. David Desharnais also earned an assist on the goal.
The Bulldogs return to Copps Coliseum on Friday, April 3rd for a 7:30 p.m. game against the Grand Rapids Griffins. Fans can listen to every Dogs game on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, TALK 820. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the AHL Live' or TALK 820' icons on the Bulldogs website. All regular-season radio and online broadcasts will begin with a pre-game show 30 minutes prior to each scheduled game-time.
Tickets for all Bulldogs home games are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2009
- Hogs pick up big win - Rockford IceHogs
- Houston Aeros fall 2-1 in Rockford, remain second in West Division - Houston Aeros
- Chops gain a point, but edged in a shootout by Flames on Sunday - Iowa Chops
- Curry sets single season win mark in 1-0 shootout against Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms gain rapidly Senators - Adirondack Phantoms
- Flames top Chops in shootout - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Secure West Division Title - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sharks bite Bruins 4-2 - Worcester Sharks
- Eberle Scores First Pro Goal - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Drop Second Straight to Phantoms, 4-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins clinch seventh straight postseason appearance - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hartford Wolf Pack Transaction Update - Connecticut Whale
- Filatov Helps Propel Crunch Past Toronto - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Strike Early To Beat Sound Tigers, 5-3 - Albany Devils
- Minnesota Wild recalls Kolanos, Khudobin; Aeros sign Henderson - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Fall To Sharks 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Three goals from Sound Tiger defensemen not enough at Lowell beats Sound Tigers 5-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kennedy Scores Late as Pirates Win 4-3 Over Falcons - Portland Pirates
- Bulldogs fall to Moose, 3-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose sweep Bulldogs, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Recalls Dan Jancevski From Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals fall to Chops in Shoot-out - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.