Admirals fall to Chops in Shoot-out
Milwaukee, WI - Playing in front of an AHL season-high 15,602 fans, the Milwaukee Admirals could not hold a two-goal third period lead and dropped a 4-3 shoot-out decision to the Iowa Chops on Saturday night.
The loss was the fourth straight for the Admirals, although the team was able to earn a point, which snapped a season long three game streak where the team did not earn a point.
The Admirals never trailed in the game until the shoot-out ended. Hugh Jessiman put Milwaukee up 1-0 with his 18th goal of the season at 11:22 of the first period and the Ads would make it 2-0 when Oren Eizenman notched his first goal as an Admiral at 8;32 of the second.
Iowa cut the lead in half on an Ajay Baines goal at 14:22 of the second, but the Admirals got it back just 42 seconds into the third when Nick Spaling notched his 12th of the year on an assist by Nick Spaling.
However, Iowa got third period goals from Troy Bodie and Eric Boguniecki to tie the game and send into overtime. After a scoreless OT, the Chops scored on their first three attempts in the shoot-out, while Spaling was the lone Admirals to connect and Iowa went home with the victory.
In spite of the loss, the Admirals moved closer to their third division crown as they earned a point and Houston lost in regulation to Peoria. Milwaukee's magic number to clinch the West now sits at two.
The Admirals are right back at it when they travel to Chicago tomorrow afternoon for a 3:00 pm game with the Wolves. They will be back home to the Bradley Center on Friday, April 3rd at 7:00 pm against the Lake Erie Monsters. Fans can buy tickets for any Admirals game, by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of ten or more people receive a minimum of $2 off of each ticket. For more information or to order group tickets call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2009
- Hogs pick up big win - Rockford IceHogs
- Houston Aeros fall 2-1 in Rockford, remain second in West Division - Houston Aeros
- Chops gain a point, but edged in a shootout by Flames on Sunday - Iowa Chops
- Curry sets single season win mark in 1-0 shootout against Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms gain rapidly Senators - Adirondack Phantoms
- Flames top Chops in shootout - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Secure West Division Title - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sharks bite Bruins 4-2 - Worcester Sharks
- Eberle Scores First Pro Goal - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Drop Second Straight to Phantoms, 4-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins clinch seventh straight postseason appearance - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hartford Wolf Pack Transaction Update - Connecticut Whale
- Filatov Helps Propel Crunch Past Toronto - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Strike Early To Beat Sound Tigers, 5-3 - Albany Devils
- Minnesota Wild recalls Kolanos, Khudobin; Aeros sign Henderson - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Fall To Sharks 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Three goals from Sound Tiger defensemen not enough at Lowell beats Sound Tigers 5-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kennedy Scores Late as Pirates Win 4-3 Over Falcons - Portland Pirates
- Bulldogs fall to Moose, 3-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose sweep Bulldogs, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Recalls Dan Jancevski From Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals fall to Chops in Shoot-out - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Admirals Stories
- Admirals Fall Late to Wild
- Russell Dickerson to Perform Post-Game Saturday Night
- Admirals Fend off Moose
- Admirals Shutout by Moose
- Admirals Fall to Wolves to Start Roadtrip