Orlando City to Host San Jose on Tuesday
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (4-1-3, 15 points) returns to Exploria Stadium on Tuesday, June 22 to host the San Jose Earthquakes (3-5-1, 10 points) in front of a full-capacity crowd for the first time since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET.
Tuesday's match will serve as the Club's Pride in Our City match, presented by the National Pulse Memorial & Museum , formerly known as the onePulse Foundation. To celebrate Pride month, the Lions will wear rainbow numbers on the back of their Thick n Thin kits along with a specialty jersey patch located in the center of the chest. The side will also sport adidas' "Love Unites" rainbow tops for warm-ups with the items set to be auctioned off after the match.
The fixture will be nationally broadcast on UniMás and TUDN with English commentary available on Twitter, while being transmitted on 96.9 The Game in English and Acción 97.9FM, 810AM in Spanish.
"It's a quick turnaround for the boys and we already visualized that. The result [on Saturday] was fantastic for us, but we need to turn the page quickly and prepare for San Jose, be present in the game like we always demand of the players," Head Coach Oscar Pareja said. "Certainly it's going to be a difficult rival, but we are incorporating more players now. We're good, we're optimistic. It's important to turn our thoughts and set ourselves up for Tuesday's game."
The Lions come into Tuesday's fixture after battling to a 3-2 victory over Toronto FC this past Saturday. Both sides found the back of the net twice before the halftime break, with Tesho Akindele and Nani accounting for the Lions' pair of finishes before Júnior Urso decided the contest in the 84th minute of play.
Nani leads the Lions with four goals on the year followed by Akindele with three. Akindele sits tied for the team-high in assists with Chris Mueller, both with three to their credit.
San Jose comes to The City Beautiful following a scoreless draw to open Q2 Stadium at Austin FC this past Saturday night. Earthquakes goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski tallied six saves in the match for his first clean sheet of the year.
Four members of the San Jose roster sit tied for the team lead in goals scored with two finishes apiece this season, while Cade Cowell holds the team high in assists with three.
Following Tuesday's contest, the Lions face yet another quick turnaround, traveling down south to face intrastate foes Inter Miami CF at DRV PNK Stadium on Friday, June 25 in an 8 p.m. ET kickoff.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 21, 2021
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 21, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Weekly - LA Galaxy
- Revolution Goalkeeper Matt Turner Voted MLS Player of the Week - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution Goalkeeper Matt Turner Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 8 - MLS
- Chicago Fire FC Hires Patrick Nyarko as Academy Coach - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Dallas Defender Bressan Receives U.S. Green Card - FC Dallas
- By the Numbers: Two Games in Four Days - Orlando City SC
- Know Your Opponent: San Jose Earthquakes - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes to Host Week of Fan Events Ahead of California Clasico at PayPal Park on June 26 - San Jose Earthquakes
- MLS Announces New League, Timbers Affiliate to Join in 2022 - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Announces Donations to Local Organizations - Minnesota United FC
- Storylines: City vs. San Jose Earthquakes - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Orlando City to Host San Jose on Tuesday - Orlando City SC
- Rodolfo Pizarro Called up to Mexican National Team Friendlies - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer Launches New Professional League - MLS
- Inter Miami CF vs. CF Montréal Match Moved to Red Bull Arena - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal Will Play Home Games at Red Bull Arena and at Exploria Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City Falls to Top-Seeded New England Revolution
- Orlando City Travels to Face New England Revolution on Saturday
- Orlando City Falls 3-1 on Road to Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City Travels to Face Philadelphia Union on Sunday
- Ruan, Robin Jansson Score First MLS Goals as Lions Fall to Montréal