LA Galaxy Weekly
LOS ANGELES - Playing two games in the span of four days, the LA Galaxy (5-3-0, 15 points) return to MLS action on Wednesday, June 23, traveling to face Vancouver Whitecaps FC (2-5-1, 7 points) at Rio Tinto Stadium (7:30 p.m. PT; Spectrum SportsNet), before hitting the road to square off against the San Jose Earthquakes (3-5-1, 10 points) at PayPal Park on Saturday, June 26 (7:00 p.m. PT, UniMás).
Wednesday's match marks the 26th MLS regular season meeting between LA and Vancouver, with the Galaxy leading the series 12-8-5. Saturday's contest between the Galaxy and the Earthquakes marks the second meeting between the two clubs in 2021, and the 74th MLS regular-season encounter dating back to 1996, with LA leading the series 31-26-16. In the first matchup between the two sides this season, the Galaxy defeated San Jose 1-0 at Dignity Health Sports Park on May 29.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 21, 2021
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 21, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Weekly - LA Galaxy
- Revolution Goalkeeper Matt Turner Voted MLS Player of the Week - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution Goalkeeper Matt Turner Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 8 - MLS
- Chicago Fire FC Hires Patrick Nyarko as Academy Coach - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Dallas Defender Bressan Receives U.S. Green Card - FC Dallas
- By the Numbers: Two Games in Four Days - Orlando City SC
- Know Your Opponent: San Jose Earthquakes - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes to Host Week of Fan Events Ahead of California Clasico at PayPal Park on June 26 - San Jose Earthquakes
- MLS Announces New League, Timbers Affiliate to Join in 2022 - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Announces Donations to Local Organizations - Minnesota United FC
- Storylines: City vs. San Jose Earthquakes - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Orlando City to Host San Jose on Tuesday - Orlando City SC
- Rodolfo Pizarro Called up to Mexican National Team Friendlies - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer Launches New Professional League - MLS
- Inter Miami CF vs. CF Montréal Match Moved to Red Bull Arena - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal Will Play Home Games at Red Bull Arena and at Exploria Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Fall on the Road to FC Dallas on Saturday Night
- LA Galaxy Battle Back to Earn 2-2 Road Draw at Real Salt Lake on Wednesday Night
- LA Galaxy Fall 2-1 on the Road to Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Rio Tinto Stadium on Saturday Night
- LIGA MX and TUDN Announce Sellout for Campeón De Campeones Match on July 18 at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LA Galaxy Sign Mexican International Midfielder Efrain Alvarez to Multi-Year Contract Extension