Omoruyi's Big First Half Proves Too Much for Memphis
SOUTHAVEN, MS - The Texas Legends (5-1) split the series against the Memphis Hustle (2-2) with a 115-99 win in Memphis.
Texas built their lead early behind 28 first-half points from Eugene Omoruyi and never relinquished control. Holding the Hustle to 15 points in the second, the Legends went into the halftime break up 53-37. Texas hit a streak at the end of the third, posting 11 unanswered points in the final minute to take their largest lead of the night (+26) at the buzzer. Memphis responded with seven straight to open the fourth and used a 14-point effort from Ahmad Caver to forge a rally. With just under three minutes to play, Caver knocked down a three to cut the gap to single digits. Yudai Baba matched it on the other end sealing the victory for the visitors.
The Legends two-ways both finished with a double-double led by Eugene Omoruyi with a game-high 33 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists. JaQuori McLaughlin added 22 points, 5 rebounds, and a game-high 10 assists. Feron Hunt tallied 14 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 steals, and Yudai Baba went 6-of-7 to gain all 14 of his points in the second half.
Caver's night ended with 23 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists for the Hustle while Freddie Gillespie grabbed a double-double with 16 points, 11 rebounds, and a game-high 4 blocks. Reggie Hearn added 17 points off the bench, and Matt Hurt and Jarrett Culver matched 13 points apiece.
Texas returns home to host the Greensboro Swarm in a double-header next Friday and Saturday. Both games will tip-off at 7:30pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 19, 2021
- Stars Come up Short against Warriors - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Holds on in Final Minute to Beat Salt Lake City, 116-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Long Island Nets Fall Short to Raptors 905 in Friday Night Matchup - Long Island Nets
- Greensboro Swarm Lose to Lakeland Magic - Greensboro Swarm
- Maine Turns Expo into Blowout City - Maine Celtics
- Knicks Garner First Win of the Season Versus Nets, 104-98 - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ant Justin Anderson Named to USA World Cup Qualifying Team - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stockton Kings Partners with Oasis Cares for Annual Turkey Distribution - Stockton Kings
- Important Update for Fans Attending a Greensboro Swarm Game - Greensboro Swarm
- Austin Defeats Mexico City Capitanes - Austin Spurs
- Clips Fall to Red-Hot Blue Despite Ibaka's Big Night - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Omoruyi's Big First Half Proves Too Much for Memphis - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.