Greensboro Swarm Lose to Lakeland Magic
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, narrowly lost to the Lakeland Magic (Orlando Magic affiliate) 83-82 on Friday at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. The Swarm (0-5) had the final possession of the game but a James Bouknight layup rimmed out, allowing Lakeland (2-3) to prevail.
Bouknight, on assignment from the Hornets, led the Swarm in scoring for the second straight game. The No. 11 overall selection in the 2021 NBA Draft finished with 27 points on 11-for-22 shooting to go with nine rebounds, four steals and three assists in 37 minutes of action.
The Magic was paced by BJ Johnson and his team-high 21 points and seven rebounds. Fellow starter Jeremiah Tilmon had a strong game as well, adding 18 points and three rebounds. Jon Teske had an impact off the bench, finishing with 18 points and seven rebounds in 23 minutes.
The low-scoring game saw 11 lead changes. Greensboro held a slight lead 57-55 entering the fourth quarter but the fate of the game was largely decided at the free-throw line. In the final 12 minutes of the game, Lakeland was aggressive attacking the rim and was rewarded with 10 free throw attempts, making good on seven of them. Combined with 8-for-15 shooting in the quarter, the Magic was able to hold off the Swarm until the final buzzer.
Cameron McGriff was the next leading scorer for the Swarm, having 15 points and four rebounds off the bench. Xavier Sneed finished with 10 points and four assists.
Greensboro and Lakeland return to the court in less than 24 hours with a Saturday tilt set for 7:00 p.m. ET at the Fieldhouse.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 19, 2021
- Stars Come up Short against Warriors - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Holds on in Final Minute to Beat Salt Lake City, 116-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Long Island Nets Fall Short to Raptors 905 in Friday Night Matchup - Long Island Nets
- Greensboro Swarm Lose to Lakeland Magic - Greensboro Swarm
- Maine Turns Expo into Blowout City - Maine Celtics
- Knicks Garner First Win of the Season Versus Nets, 104-98 - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ant Justin Anderson Named to USA World Cup Qualifying Team - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stockton Kings Partners with Oasis Cares for Annual Turkey Distribution - Stockton Kings
- Important Update for Fans Attending a Greensboro Swarm Game - Greensboro Swarm
- Austin Defeats Mexico City Capitanes - Austin Spurs
- Clips Fall to Red-Hot Blue Despite Ibaka's Big Night - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Omoruyi's Big First Half Proves Too Much for Memphis - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm Will Play Tomorrow Versus Capital City Go-Go Without Fans for Safety Reasons
- Greensboro Swarm Defeated by Capital City Go-Go
- Greensboro Downed by College Park
- Long Island Drops Second Straight to Greensboro
- Nets Give Swarm First Win of Regular Season