Clips Fall to Red-Hot Blue Despite Ibaka's Big Night
ONTARIO, CA - The Agua Caliente Clippers (3-2) lose their second straight, falling to the Oklahoma City Blue (4-2), 108-100, on Thursday night in Ontario.
In his final game with the LA Clippers' G League squad, Serge Ibaka recorded a huge double-double with 22 points to go with a game-high 14 rebounds.
George King filled up the box score with 20 points, six rebounds, two assists, three steals, and one block, while knocking down six three-pointers in the process.
Oklahoma City Thunder assignee Theo Maledon led all scorers with 28 points on 12-of-20 shooting for the Blue.
The Clippers started the first half of tonight's game off on a positive note, taking a 46-43 lead into the half. Things quickly turned south as the Blue came out of the break red-hot, hitting 15 of their 20 field goal attempts (75 percent) and eight of 10 from distance (80 percent) on their way to an 82-64 advantage after three quarters.
A late-game rally cut Oklahoma City's 23-point advantage down to eight but it was a little too late.
Agua Caliente looks to regroup on Tuesday, November 23rd, to return the favor against the Blue. Tip-off is at 7 pm PT at the Toyota Arena in Ontario, CA and can be streamed on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 19, 2021
- Stars Come up Short against Warriors - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Holds on in Final Minute to Beat Salt Lake City, 116-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Long Island Nets Fall Short to Raptors 905 in Friday Night Matchup - Long Island Nets
- Greensboro Swarm Lose to Lakeland Magic - Greensboro Swarm
- Maine Turns Expo into Blowout City - Maine Celtics
- Knicks Garner First Win of the Season Versus Nets, 104-98 - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ant Justin Anderson Named to USA World Cup Qualifying Team - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stockton Kings Partners with Oasis Cares for Annual Turkey Distribution - Stockton Kings
- Important Update for Fans Attending a Greensboro Swarm Game - Greensboro Swarm
- Austin Defeats Mexico City Capitanes - Austin Spurs
- Clips Fall to Red-Hot Blue Despite Ibaka's Big Night - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Omoruyi's Big First Half Proves Too Much for Memphis - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Stories
- Clippers Edge Lakers To Win Playoff Opener
- Clippers Take Down Stars
- Clips Clinch Playoff Berth With Win Vs. Austin
- Clippers' Comeback Falls Short vs. Legends, Wright
- Clippers Surge past Santa Cruz behind Huge Second Quarter