Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes
TONIGHT: In a matchup of division leaders, the Fresno Grizzlies (San Francisco Giants) make their semi-annual visit to AT&T Bricktown Ballpark for the first of a 4-game series with the RedHawks. It's the only series of the regular season between these teams. Fresno has the league's best record at 23-12 and leads the Pacific South by 5.5 games over Reno. The RedHawks, who beat Sacramento 6-3 last night to take that series 3-1, are atop the American South by 2 games over Albuquerque.
REDHAWKS TAKE 3 OF 4 FROM SACRAMENTO: The top 5 batters in OKC's order collected all 7 hits and drove in all 6 runs in last night's 6-3 win over Sacramento. The RedHawks were out-hit 9-7, improving to 3-9 when totaling fewer hits than the opponent. OKC is 16-3 when out-hitting the opposition and 2-2 when the hits are even. Chad Tracy and Brandon Boggs each drove in 2 runs last night, while Esteban German and Gregorio Petit each had 2 hits.
MOVEMENT GALORE: Pitchers Guillermo Moscoso and Pedro Strop were recalled this morning by the Texas Rangers for their afternoon game at Toronto. Pitcher Doug Mathis and outfielder Craig Gentry were optioned to the RedHawks. Yesterday, Nelson Cruz was reinstated from the 15-day DL and Ryan Garko was optioned to OKC but is not yet active. Lefty reliever Zach Phillips has been promoted from Class AA Frisco to the RedHawks.
RETIREES: OKC pitching enjoyed two long stretches of consecutively retired batters in the series with Sacramento that ended last night. Over parts of 2 games Tuesday and Wednesday, the RedHawks retired 25 straight River Cats. Thursday, OKC pitching compiled 18 straight outs from the fifth through the 12th innings.
PCL TEAM LEADERBOARD: The RedHawks are second in the PCL in home runs (33), behind Las Vegas' 35. OKC leads in triples (16) and has tripled in 2 straight. OKC is second in on-base percentage (.351) and third in slugging (.439). The RedHawks have out-scored the opposition 196-143, owning the best run differential (+53) in the league. Fresno has the second-best run differential at +43.
PCL TEAM LEADERBOARD, PITCHING: OKC's team ERA (3.34) is second behind Tacoma's 3.29. The RedHawks are tied with New Orleans for the third-most strikeouts (255) behind Sacramento (275) and Nashville (256). OKC is tied with Tacoma for the second-fewest home runs allowed with 21. Round Rock has surrendered the fewest homers, 19.
BULLPEN BASHERS: The RedHawks have scored more runs against opposing teams' bullpens than starting staffs this season. Of OKC's 196 runs, 100 have been against relievers, with 96 charged to starters. OKC has collected 153 hits in 118 innings against the league's collective relief corps, while amassing 180 hits in 194.1 innings vs. starters. The RedHawks have failed to score against an opponents' bullpen just 7 times in 35 games, going 1-6 in those contests.
ODDS AND ENDS: Esteban German is tops in the league with 34 runs scored, 8 more than Fresno's Buster Posey and Las Vegas' Brett Wallace...German is tied for second with Sacramento's Corey Wimberley with 14 stolen bases...Portland's Luis Durango leads with 15 steals...Hernan Iribarren leads the PCL with 5 sacrifice flies...Wes Bankston had 4-game hitting and 5-game on-base streaks snapped last night.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2010
- Express Bash Sky Sox 16-4 - Round Rock Express
- Long Night for Sky Sox, Lose to Round Rock, 16-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Fifteen hits leads Sounds to 9-3 victory - Portland Beavers
- Sounds Take Down Beavers In Series Opener, 9-3 - Nashville Sounds
- MacLane pitches 'Birds by Rainiers - Memphis Redbirds
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes for May 15 - Round Rock Express
- Colmenares Reassigned to Arkansas - Salt Lake Bees
- Aces Lose To Royals, 10-7 In Extras - Reno Aces
- Liz stifles Redbirds in rain-delayed contest - Portland Beavers
- Portland pounds Memphis - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Lifeshare Winterfest and Snow Tubing Canceled
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Named Winner Of Ballpark Digest's Best Of The Ballparks Competition
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers