Fifteen hits leads Sounds to 9-3 victory
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Adam Heether hit a home run and tallied five RBIs to lead the Nashville Sounds to a 9-3 victory over the Portland Beavers at Herschel Greer Stadium on Saturday night.
Ray Olmedo finished with three hits and one RBI while Jonathan Lucroy had two hits and two RBIs for the Sounds (22-13).
Chris Stewart and Will Inman each finished with a hit an RBI for the Beavers (15-21), who dropped their fourth straight series opener.
Inman (2-1) pitched five innings, giving up 11 hits and four runs while striking out five.
Sounds starter Chuck Lofgren (5-2) gave up three runs on three hits and six walks in five innings.
Chase Wright pitched four innings, only giving up two hits to convert his first save of the season.
The Sounds took an early 1-0 lead with an RBI single by Trent Oeltjen in the bottom of the first inning.
Chris Stewart hit a sacrifice fly to center field in the second inning to push the tying run across the plate. Inman then followed with a single to left field, driving in Mike Baxter and giving the Beavers a 2-1 lead.
Olmedo singled to left field to score Luis Cruz, tying the game at 2-2 in the second inning.
Heether hit a two-run home run to left field in the third inning to put the Sounds in the lead, 4-2.
Lofgren walked Luis Durango with the bases loaded in the fourth inning to score Aaron Cunningham from third base to cut the Sounds lead to one at 4-3.
The Sounds pushed their lead to 9-3 in the sixth inning, highlighted by a three-run double to center field by Heether.
The Beavers and Sounds meet again Sunday at 12:05 p.m. (Pacific) in the second of their four-game set at Herschel Greer Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2010
- Express Bash Sky Sox 16-4 - Round Rock Express
- Long Night for Sky Sox, Lose to Round Rock, 16-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Fifteen hits leads Sounds to 9-3 victory - Portland Beavers
- Sounds Take Down Beavers In Series Opener, 9-3 - Nashville Sounds
- MacLane pitches 'Birds by Rainiers - Memphis Redbirds
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes for May 15 - Round Rock Express
- Colmenares Reassigned to Arkansas - Salt Lake Bees
- Aces Lose To Royals, 10-7 In Extras - Reno Aces
- Liz stifles Redbirds in rain-delayed contest - Portland Beavers
- Portland pounds Memphis - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss