Portland pounds Memphis
MEMPHIS, TN - Portland earned a series split hitting three home runs en route to a 7-1 win over Memphis at a wet AutoZone Park Friday night.
After a nearly two-hour rain delay, the Beavers wasted no time jumping on the Redbirds scoring three runs in the first inning on Craig Cooper's homer to left. Portland added solo shots from Mike Baxter and Anthony Contreras before the night was over. Memphis' lone run came via the long ball when Mark Shorey blasted his second home run of the year into the right field seats in the fifth inning.
Beavers starter Radhames Liz earned the win giving up one run on four hits across six innings. Redbirds starter Brandon Dickson was pegged with the loss allowing four runs on seven hits in his five innings of work.
The Birds welcome Tacoma to town tomorrow night with first pitch scheduled for 6:05 p.m. Lefty Evan MacLane gets the nod for the home team against Rainiers lefty Garrett Olson. It will be a magical night at AutoZone Park with a trip for four to Disney World presented by Travel Leaders being given away and post-game fireworks presented by Kroger. For ticket information call 901.721.6000 or visit memphisredbirds.com.
Global Spectrum (global-spectrum.com) is the fastest growing firm in the public assembly facility management field with more than 85 facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The Philadelphia-based company is part of one of the world's largest sports and entertainment companies, Comcast-Spectacor, which also owns the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League, the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association, Flyers Skate Zone, a series of community ice skating rinks, Ovations Food Services, a food and beverage services provider, New Era Tickets, a full-service ticketing and marketing product for public assembly facilities, and Front Row Marketing Services, a commercial rights sales company and Paciolan, the leading provider of venue establishment ticketing, fundraising and marketing technology solutions. In a partnership with Disson Skating, Comcast-Spectacor annually produces 10 nationally televised figure skating spectaculars on NBC.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2010
- Express Bash Sky Sox 16-4 - Round Rock Express
- Long Night for Sky Sox, Lose to Round Rock, 16-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Fifteen hits leads Sounds to 9-3 victory - Portland Beavers
- Sounds Take Down Beavers In Series Opener, 9-3 - Nashville Sounds
- MacLane pitches 'Birds by Rainiers - Memphis Redbirds
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes for May 15 - Round Rock Express
- Colmenares Reassigned to Arkansas - Salt Lake Bees
- Aces Lose To Royals, 10-7 In Extras - Reno Aces
- Liz stifles Redbirds in rain-delayed contest - Portland Beavers
- Portland pounds Memphis - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- Triple-A National Champion to be Crowned Tomorrow Night
- Triple-A Baseball, Allegiant Announce Historic On-Field Jersey Partnership
- Redbirds, "I Love Memphis" Partner for $5 Tickets for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Ponce de Leon Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Month
- Garcia, Ponce de Leon Named Cardinals Minor League Player and Pitcher of the Month