Oilers Land Veteran Blue-Liner Pszenyczny
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers of the ECHL announced on Friday the signing of veteran defenseman Dave Pszenyczny for the 2014-2015 season. Pszenyczny (pshuh-NITCH-nee) becomes the seventh defenseman and third veteran on the Oilers' active roster.
Pszenyczny, 6-foot-0, 192-pounds, has spent the last three seasons competing against the Oilers as a member of the Missouri Mavericks. In each season as a Maverick, Pszenyczny led the squad in points by a defenseman and helped guide Missouri to a berth in the Central Hockey League playoffs. Last season, Pszenyczny posted 22 goals, 10 assists, a +11 rating, and a career-high 166 penalty minutes in 57 games.
"Not only has Dave put up incredibly consistent numbers throughout his career, but he's also been one of the toughest, most physical defenseman that we've had to face," stated Bruce Ramsay, Oilers Head Coach. "He brings so much valuable experience to our team and he's been a winner at every stop of his career. He's really going to help our young players and I think our fans are going to love watching him play."
Prior to his time in Missouri, Pszenyczny, 29, played three seasons with the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs and was a key contributor on the Mudbugs' blue line during their run to the 2011 Ray Miron President's Cup and a CHL Championship. The Sterling Heights, Michigan native has surpassed 100 penalty minutes in six consecutive seasons and is no stranger to the ECHL. As a rookie in the 2006-07 campaign, Pszenyczny wore the colors of the Phoenix Roadrunners and went on to play for the Alaska Aces and the Reading Royals during the 2007-08 season. Pszenyczny had four games of AHL experience with the Toronto Marlies and over an eight-year professional career he has appeared in 455 regular season games and 67 postseason contests.
Tulsa's inaugural season in the ECHL begins on Friday, October 24 with a visit to the Allen Americans. Two days later, the Oilers hit the ice at the BOK Center for the home opener on Sunday, October 26 at 4:05 p.m. when they face off against the Wichita Thunder.
To purchase tickets or learn more about the Oilers' schedule and roster, please call 918-632-7825 or log on to www.tulsaoilers.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 17, 2014
- Everblades Open Season with 4-3 Home Win over South Carolina - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings drop season opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Sold out Crowd Welcomes Pro Hockey Back to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Sylvester and Rowe Earn Multi-Point Games in Loss to Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - October 17 - ECHL
- Oilers Land Veteran Blue-Liner Pszenyczny - Tulsa Oilers
- Condors Home Opener Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Season Opens Tonight at Indy - Fort Wayne Komets
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings at Elmira - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Alaska Aces - Ontario Reign
- Game Preview: Elmira Jackals vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Elmira Jackals
- K-Wings Add Two Heading into Opening Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cal Wild Relaunches Cal's Pals - Brampton Beast
- Royals Sign Defenseman Colby Cohen - Reading Royals
- San Jose Sharks Enter into ECHL Affiliate Agreement with Allen Americans - Allen Americans
- Thunder Open up 10th Anniversary Season on the Road - Stockton Thunder
- Tickets on Sale Tomorrow for All Home Games - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, Friday, October 17, 2014 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Receive Forward Andrew Ammon from Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Stingrays Open 2014-15 Season Tonight against the Florida Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.