Niagara Defenseman Keegan Harper Joins Solar Bears
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that the club has signed rookie defenseman Keegan Harper to an ECHL Standard Player Contract out of Niagara University.
Harper, 25, begins his pro career after skating in 36 games for the Purple Eagles program this season, in which the 5-foot-11, 180-pound blueliner recorded six points (1g-5a) and 32 penalty minutes as a senior. In 129 career games for Niagara, the Ottawa, Ontario native produced 32 points (9g-23a) and 119 penalty minutes. As a freshman in 2014-15, Harper was also named to the Atlantic Hockey Conference All-Rookie Team.
In a separate transaction, rookie forward Stephen Collins was placed on waivers. Collins, 26, was acquired in a trade with the Wheeling Nailers on Feb. 22 and skated in five games with Orlando, recording zero points and penalty minutes.
The Solar Bears return home to face the Florida Everblades on Thursday, March 15 in a Wawa Sunshine Cup Series game at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center at 7 p.m. Thursday's game is also a Thirsty Thursday presented by Coors Light - fans can take advantage of $5 domestic draft beers during the game. Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
Images from this story
Defenseman Keegan Harper with Niagara University
(Niagara University Athletics)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2018
- Schmidt Scores in Third to Force OT, Royals Fall, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Edge Mallards, Eliminate Flock from Playoff Contention - Quad City Mallards
- CenturyLink and Steelheads to Host Free Skate for Fans on March 25th - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Niagara Defenseman Keegan Harper Joins Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Agree to Terms with Davison, Pratt, Panowyk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Phinney Recalled by Manitoba - Indy Fuel
- Grizzlies Insider: Grizzlies Look to Start a New Streak - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye Denis Gets the Call - Toledo Walleye
- Vay Returns to Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Adds Ferris State Product Maloney - Wichita Thunder
- Melancon Joins AHL's Syracuse Crunch on PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Weekly: Norfolk Begins Final Ten Games of Regular Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Geiger, Hughes Sent To SC, While Bindulis Gets Call To Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Fall in Atlanta to Open Road Trip - Idaho Steelheads
- Army and Zink Rejoin Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.