Thunder Adds Ferris State Product Maloney
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today the signing of forward Mitch Maloney.
Maloney, 23, turns pro after a four-year career at Ferris State University. A native of Macomb, Michigan, the 6-foot, 212-pounder tallied 57 points in 135 career games with the Bulldogs. During his senior campaign, he had a career-high 25 points (15g, 10a) in 36 games. He helped Ferris State to a WCHA title in 2015-16 and was named to the WCHA All-Academic Team in 2016-17.
He was named as the NCAA's Second Star of the week on November 28th , recording a natural hat trick in the third period to lead the Bulldogs to a 6-2 win over Alabama-Huntsville. He finished tied for first on the team in scoring this past season.
The Thunder will make their first trip of the season to the Black Hills this weekend against Rapid City starting Friday at 8:05 p.m. CST.
Playoff packages are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2018
- Schmidt Scores in Third to Force OT, Royals Fall, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Edge Mallards, Eliminate Flock from Playoff Contention - Quad City Mallards
- CenturyLink and Steelheads to Host Free Skate for Fans on March 25th - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Niagara Defenseman Keegan Harper Joins Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Agree to Terms with Davison, Pratt, Panowyk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Phinney Recalled by Manitoba - Indy Fuel
- Grizzlies Insider: Grizzlies Look to Start a New Streak - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye Denis Gets the Call - Toledo Walleye
- Vay Returns to Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Adds Ferris State Product Maloney - Wichita Thunder
- Melancon Joins AHL's Syracuse Crunch on PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Weekly: Norfolk Begins Final Ten Games of Regular Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Geiger, Hughes Sent To SC, While Bindulis Gets Call To Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Fall in Atlanta to Open Road Trip - Idaho Steelheads
- Army and Zink Rejoin Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.