CenturyLink and Steelheads to Host Free Skate for Fans on March 25th
Boise, ID - CenturyLink and the Idaho Steelheads welcome all Idaho hockey fans to hit the ice at CenturyLink Arena on March 25th for the annual CenturyLink Free Skate. Fans can take a spin around the rink from 1 to 3pm and spend time with their favorite Steelheads players.
Players, coaches, and Blue will be in attendance to sign autographs and take photos, as well as to take a few laps around the rink with their fans. Those attending are encouraged to bring their own skates, but a limited number of rental pairs will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
"Our fan support this season has been incredible, and this event is a chance for our players to say thank you," said Steelheads President Eric Trapp. "We've already had 15 sell-outs and welcomed almost 130,000 fans to CenturyLink Arena this season. That support is what makes Idaho a special place to play, and it's why our players look forward to spending time with the fans at events like this."
The Steelheads and CenturyLink will be accepting donations of canned food for The Idaho Foodbank during the skate. Fans making donations will receive two ticket vouchers for playoff games this spring.
"We look forward to sponsoring this event each year. We strive to improve our customers' lives by connecting them to the power of the digital world and Free Skate Night with the Steelheads is a fun and healthy way to connect with the communities we serve," said Jim Schmit, CenturyLink's General Manager, West Region Consumer Field Sales. "The partnership between CenturyLink and the Steelheads is a testament to our ongoing commitment to our customers and community."
The free skate also marks the conclusion of this year's CenturyLink Hat Trick Reading Program, presented by the Idaho Statesman. This annual partnership between CenturyLink, the Idaho Statesman, the Steelheads, and public libraries in the Treasure Valley encourages young hockey fans and their families to sit down and read together. By reaching certain literary benchmarks with their families, young readers are able to win Steelheads tickets and hats.
The Steelheads have seven home dates remaining for the regular season, with their next game at CenturyLink Arena on March 9th against the Kansas City Mavericks. For tickets to all Steelheads home games, call the Steelheads Front Office at 383-0080 or visit IdahoSteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2018
- Schmidt Scores in Third to Force OT, Royals Fall, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Edge Mallards, Eliminate Flock from Playoff Contention - Quad City Mallards
- CenturyLink and Steelheads to Host Free Skate for Fans on March 25th - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Niagara Defenseman Keegan Harper Joins Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Agree to Terms with Davison, Pratt, Panowyk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Phinney Recalled by Manitoba - Indy Fuel
- Grizzlies Insider: Grizzlies Look to Start a New Streak - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye Denis Gets the Call - Toledo Walleye
- Vay Returns to Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Adds Ferris State Product Maloney - Wichita Thunder
- Melancon Joins AHL's Syracuse Crunch on PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Weekly: Norfolk Begins Final Ten Games of Regular Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Geiger, Hughes Sent To SC, While Bindulis Gets Call To Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Fall in Atlanta to Open Road Trip - Idaho Steelheads
- Army and Zink Rejoin Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Announce Division Final Playoff Schedule against Oilers
- Steelheads Weekly - April 22, 2019
- Steelheads Clinch Series with 2-1 Overtime Win over Grizzlies
- Steelheads Erase Three-Goal Deficit, Complete Comeback in 5-4 Overtime Win in Game 4
- Steelheads Battle to 3-2 Overtime Win over Utah, Take Series Lead