Walleye Denis Gets the Call
(Toledo, OH) - Defenseman Simon Denis has been loaned to the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League.
Denis has been on hot streak lately, riding a nine-game point streak (1G, 12A) and has had at least one assist in those nine straight games, tying a Toledo Walleye record. For the season, the 26-year-old ranks 16th in defenseman scoring with 35 points (6G, 29A). The Burnaby, BC native completed an amazing first professional season that saw him set a new Walleye single season record with a plus 40 rating. In 70 appearances for the Walleye, Denis scored 15 goals with 40 assists and 29 penalty minutes.
At Ferris State University Denis appeared in 141 games with 15 goals, 45 assists, 38 penalty minutes and a plus 9 rating. The 25-year-old helped the Bulldogs to a WCHA Playoff Championship in 2016 and a win over St. Cloud State in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. An Assistant Captain for Ferris State for two years, Denis posted a career best seven goals in 2015-16.
The Wolfpack are home on Friday night vs. Lehigh Valley, Saturday night at Scranton and Sunday evening at home vs. Rochester.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2018
- Schmidt Scores in Third to Force OT, Royals Fall, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Edge Mallards, Eliminate Flock from Playoff Contention - Quad City Mallards
- CenturyLink and Steelheads to Host Free Skate for Fans on March 25th - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Niagara Defenseman Keegan Harper Joins Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Agree to Terms with Davison, Pratt, Panowyk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Phinney Recalled by Manitoba - Indy Fuel
- Grizzlies Insider: Grizzlies Look to Start a New Streak - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye Denis Gets the Call - Toledo Walleye
- Vay Returns to Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Adds Ferris State Product Maloney - Wichita Thunder
- Melancon Joins AHL's Syracuse Crunch on PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Weekly: Norfolk Begins Final Ten Games of Regular Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Geiger, Hughes Sent To SC, While Bindulis Gets Call To Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Fall in Atlanta to Open Road Trip - Idaho Steelheads
- Army and Zink Rejoin Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.