Phinney Recalled by Manitoba
INDIANAPOLIS - The American Hockey League's Manitoba Moose announced Wednesday that they have recalled goaltender Colton Phinney from the ECHL's Indy Fuel.
Phinney, 24, made his Fuel debut Sunday in Toledo, turning aside a career-high 42 shots in a 7-4 Indy victory over the league-leading Walleye. In 22 games as a rookie split between the Fuel and the Jacksonville IceMen, the native of Chatham, N.J. has a 5-8-4 record with a 3.29 GAA and a .888 save percentage. The AHL call-up is Phinney's second of the season, though the netminder did not see game action during his first stint with the Moose in late January.
A product of Princeton University, Phinney holds school records in saves (3,440), games played (110) and minutes (6411:41). Over his four year NCAA career, Phinney compiled a 27-74-9 record with two shutouts, a 3.10 goals against average, and a .912 save percentage.
The Fuel continue their push for the Kelly Cup Playoffs Friday with a visit U.S. Bank Arena Friday to take on the Cincinnati Cyclones, before returning to Indiana Farmers Coliseum Saturday to host Toledo.
Single game tickets are now available for the entire 2017-18 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of ticket plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com. Don't miss a second of the action during the 2017-18 season - follow the Fuel on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and 'Like' the Fuel on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2018
- Schmidt Scores in Third to Force OT, Royals Fall, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Edge Mallards, Eliminate Flock from Playoff Contention - Quad City Mallards
- CenturyLink and Steelheads to Host Free Skate for Fans on March 25th - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Niagara Defenseman Keegan Harper Joins Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Agree to Terms with Davison, Pratt, Panowyk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Phinney Recalled by Manitoba - Indy Fuel
- Grizzlies Insider: Grizzlies Look to Start a New Streak - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye Denis Gets the Call - Toledo Walleye
- Vay Returns to Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Adds Ferris State Product Maloney - Wichita Thunder
- Melancon Joins AHL's Syracuse Crunch on PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Weekly: Norfolk Begins Final Ten Games of Regular Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Geiger, Hughes Sent To SC, While Bindulis Gets Call To Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Fall in Atlanta to Open Road Trip - Idaho Steelheads
- Army and Zink Rejoin Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Fuel Stories
- Indy Fuel to Make Coaching Change for 2019-20 Season
- Fuel Announce 2018-19 Team Award Winners
- Fuel Outlast Nailers in Season Finale
- Fuel Eliminated from Playoff Contention After Shootout Loss to Komets
- Fuel Rally in Comeback Win over the Komets to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive