New York Knicks Sign Kadeem Allen to Two-Way Contract
NEW YORK, NY - The New York Knicks announced today that the team has signed guard Kadeem Allen to a Two-Way contract.
Allen, 6'3 200, joined the Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, after appearing in two preseason games and being waived by New York on October 13, 2018.
With Westchester, he has averaged 13.7 points per game on 46.8-percent shooting and currently leads the team in assists with 5.7 per game. He is a 37.8-percent perimeter shooter while also pacing the Knicks with 1.6 steals per game.
The Wilmington, North Carolina native netted a season-high 23 points twice, last vs. Oklahoma City Blue (12/18) and has also tallied career-highs of 10 rebounds vs. Erie BayHawks (11/18) and 11 assists at Greensboro Swarm (12/1) this season. His career-high 46 points was tabbed last season with the Boston Celtics official NBA G League affiliate Maine Red Claws on January 23, 2018.
Allen was a late second round pick in the 2017 NBA Draft out of the University of Arizona (2015-17) and Hutchinson Community College (2012-14), selected 53rd overall by the Boston Celtics. With the Red Claws, Allen averaged 17.7 points per game, a team-leading 2.2 steals per game and 5.0 assists per game. He was later named to the 2018 NBA G League All-Defensive Team.
With Allen's Two-Way contract, he will be the eighth Westchester Knick to earn a call-up and seventh under head coach Mike Miller. At least one player has earned a call-up each season since Westchester's G League inception in 2014.
Forward Isaiah Hicks, 6'9 240, is currently under a Two-Way contract with the New York Knicks. An additional Two-Way contract became available after the club signed Allonzo Trier, also out of Arizona, to an NBA contract on December 13, 2018.
Tomorrow, January 15, is the deadline to sign NBA Two-Way contracts. On January 20, NBA Two-Way contracts are guaranteed for the remainder of the season.
Westchester returns to action tonight against the Salt Lake City Stars at 9:00 PM (ET).
Westchester Knicks NBA Call-Ups
Season Player Team(s)
2014-15 Langston Galloway New York Knicks
2015-16 Jimmer Fredette New York Knicks; New Orleans Pelicans
2015-16 Thanasis Antetokounmpo New York Knicks
2016-17 Chasson Randle New York Knicks
2017-18 Nigel Hayes Toronto Raptors; Los Angeles Lakers; New York Knicks
2017-18 Xavier Rathan-Mayes Memphis Grizzlies
2017-18 Trey Burke New York Knicks
2018-19 Kadeem Allen New York Knicks
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 14, 2019
- Another Huge Night from Delgado Not Enough, Clippers Lose to Mad Ants - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Mad Ants Secure Fifth Win in Six Games - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Long Island's Murphy and Capital City's Robinson Suspended - G League
- Bucks Request Waivers on Jaylen Morris - Wisconsin Herd
- New York Knicks Sign Kadeem Allen to Two-Way Contract - Westchester Knicks
- McRae Awarded NBA G League Player of the Week - Capital City Go-Go
- BayHawks Announce Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration - Erie BayHawks
- Macura Transferred to Greensboro - Greensboro Swarm
- Herd Becomes Wisconsin Curd on January 18 - Wisconsin Herd
- Jaylen Adams, Alex Poythress Transferred to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.