New Kids on the Block and the Back Street Boys Coming to Metro Bank Park
Harrisburg, PA - The Harrisburg Senators are pleased to announce the Mixtape Festival Rock 'n Jock Softball game, featuring members from New Kids On The Block and the Back Street Boys (NKOTBSB) is taking place on Sunday, August 19th at Metro Bank Park. The Summer MixTape festival is Friday and Saturday at Hershey Park Stadium.
The Summer MixTape festival features NKOTB and BSB along with Kelly Clarkson, The Fray, DJ Pauly D, Steel Panther, 98 Degrees, LL Cool J, The Wanted, the Dan Band, the Ready Set, Carolina Liar, Carly Rae Jepsen and more artists TBA. It is the only North American Appearance for NKOTBSB.
New Kids on the Block assembled in 1984 in Boston. The band consists of brothers Jordan and Jonathan Knight, Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, and Danny Wood. They have sold more than 80 million records worldwide. The Backstreet Boys were formed in Orlando in 1993. The group consists of A.J. McLean, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell, Nick Carter, and Kevin Richardson. They have sold over 130 million records worldwide.
The softball game takes place at the home of the Harrisburg Senators, Metro Bank Park. Over the past three seasons, including 2012, over 800,000 local baseball fans have watched future big leagues stars such as Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper up close and personal at Metro Bank Park.
Gates open on Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. with the announcement of the teams taking place at 10:00 a.m. The game follows and will last until approximately 12:00 p.m. This is a terrific opportunity to see two of the biggest boy bands in American history up close and personal! Tickets are $10.00 each and all seats are reserved. Be sure to take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Tickets for the event go on sale now at the Senators box office, online or via the phone at 717-231-4444.
Tickets for this great event or any of the Senators remaining home games are available on game days 10:00 a.m. until the end of the game, and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. until the end of the game. Box office hours on non-game days are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tickets are available via telephone during the same hours as the box office hours. Tickets are also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, online at www.senatorsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 14, 2012
- Aeros Rally Late for 2-1 Win at Harrisburg - Akron RubberDucks
- Offense Strikes as R-Phils Take Down Thunder, 7-2 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sea Dogs Snap Curve Win Streak with 13-2 Win - Altoona Curve
- Newcomers, Bogaerts and Workman, Lead Sea Dogs to 13-2 Win - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Come up Empty in Opener, 5-2 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Reading Scores Seven Unanswered in 7-2 Win over Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Rock Cats' Darnell Dominates in 5-1 Win over Richmond - New Britain Rock Cats
- Rock Cats Roll Past Squirrels in Opener, 5-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Howard, Strikeouts Punch out B-Mets 5-2 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at New Britain - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Attendance Continues to Rise for Altoona Curve - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Game Notes: at New Hampshire Fisher Cats - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 14 vs. Altoona - Portland Sea Dogs
- Diaz, Van Mil Promoted - Akron RubberDucks
- Rock Cats OF Oswaldo Arcia Named Eastern League Player of the Week - New Britain Rock Cats
- New Kids on the Block and the Back Street Boys Coming to Metro Bank Park - Harrisburg Senators
- Rendon Joining Senators - Harrisburg Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.