NAZ Suns Handled by Hustle on the Road
SOUTHAVEN, Miss. - The Northern Arizona Suns never got it going Friday night at the Memphis Hustle, as the home team took it handily 118-89.
The Suns (7-31) dropped their fourth consecutive overall game and fourth straight on the road with the loss at the Landers Center in Southaven, Mississippi. The Hustle (19-16) have now won consecutive games after dropping four straight. Memphis' win tonight means a three-game season-series sweep over Northern Arizona.
The Suns lost in wire-to-wire fashion, trailing by as many as 36 points in the fourth quarter.
Retin Obasohan scored his third 20+ point game of the season with 22 points on 7-of-11 shooting (7-10 FT), to go with five assists, two steals and a block. He was one of three Suns to score in double figures, joined by Hollis Thompson (14 points, six rebounds, five assists) and George King (13 points).
Although the Suns were efficient from the free throw line tonight, making 28-of-35 (.800), they couldn't buy one from the field, finishing 27-of-76 (.355). The Hustle, meanwhile, made 47-of-86 (.547) from the field, including 8-of-19 (.421) from distance. Memphis outrebounded NAZ 50-35 and outscored the Suns in the paint 66-32.
Dusty Hannahs and Markel Crawford each led Memphis with 18 points apiece. Six total Hustle players scored in double figures, while Kyle Casey grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds to go with seven points.
The Suns only have three road games remaining the rest of the season. They return home for one game before the All-Star break with a Tuesday night matchup against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 6:30 p.m. MT. The Hustle will play the second game of a back-to-back set on the road tomorrow at the Texas Legends at 6:30 p.m. MT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 8, 2019
- 6-Man Clippers Fall to Skyforce - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Blue Drops Fourth-Quarter Battle to Spurs - Oklahoma City Blue
- Magic Win Battle with BayHawks - Lakeland Magic
- Terry, Skyforce Top Short-Handed Clippers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Defeat Oklahoma City Blue 111-109 - Austin Spurs
- Hustle Rout Suns for Second Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Miller Earns 100th Victory; Baulkman's Career-High Leads Knicks Past Canton - Westchester Knicks
- NAZ Suns Handled by Hustle on the Road - Northern Arizona Suns
- Bulls Gain Control of Central Division with Win at Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Fall on the Road to Knicks - Canton Charge
- Legends Acquire Billy Preston - Texas Legends
- BayHawks Complete Trade with Legends - Erie BayHawks
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Acquires Duke Mondy - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Tonight's Game Postponed - Grand Rapids Drive
- Tonight's Game Between the Grand Rapids Drive and Wisconsin Herd Postponed - G League
- Skyforce Re-Acquires Terry, Liggins - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Jaylen Adams and Alex Poythress Transferred to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Westchester Readies for Canton for Start of Back-To-Back - Westchester Knicks
- Stars Edged by Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stars Edged by Vipers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northern Arizona Suns Stories
- NAZ Suns to Host Sparklight Opening Night on November 9
- NAZ Suns Acquire Returning Player Rights to NBA Champion Malcolm Miller in Trade with Raptors
- NAZ Suns to Host Preseason Game against South Bay
- NAZ Suns Name Jordan Byrd, Tom Kuyper Team Broadcasters for 2019-20 Season
- NAZ Suns Roll out 2019-20 Promotional Schedule