Nashville SC's 2019 Schedule Unveiled by USL Championship
TAMPA - The United Soccer League (USL) Championship announced Nashville Soccer Club's 2019 schedule alongside the league's full slate on Wednesday morning. Nashville will play 34 USL Championship games, 17 home and 17 away, between March and October.
Like last year, the schedule is 34 games long. Unlike 2018 however, Nashville SC will play each Eastern Conference team just twice, once at home and once on the road. With 36 total teams in the league and 18 in each conference, the schedule is balanced for all of the Eastern Conference teams. The 2019 will also start a week earlier and last a week longer, allowing for more weekend games and fewer midweek contests.
Nashville SC was one of the best home teams in the 2018 season, earning results in 14 of 17 home league games. Next year, Nashville will get another shot to impress the Eastern Conference in the Music City starting on the first weekend of the season, hosting Loudoun United FC on March 9. Another home game in week two against Saint Louis FC will allow fans to see Nashville twice at home in the first month of the season.
The first in-state rivalry game between Nashville SC and Memphis 901 FC will be in the "It City" on April 13. Then a number of current Boys in Gold - Lebo Moloto, Liam Doyle, Kharlton Belmar, not to mention Nashville SC technical director Mike Jacobs - will face their former club for the first time. Nashville SC will be looking for a matter of revenge on Saturday, July 27 at home against Indy Eleven, the only team Nashville did not earn a result against in 2017.
Finally, the coup de grâce for Nashville fans will be a Tuesday night home game against two-time defending league champions Louisville City FC on October 8. In fact, eight of the final 12 USL Championship games for Nashville SC will be at home, included five of the last six.
Nashville SC home games will kick off at 7 p.m. CT in 2019.
Regional Road Rivalries
With USL Championship newcomers Memphis 901 FC and Birmingham Legion FC along with Saint Louis FC moving to the Eastern Conference in 2019, Nashville becomes a central point of teams in the region. Next year, six teams will be within reasonable driving distance, making for some fun away games for fans to travel.
Nashville will face off at Atlanta United 2 on May 4, Birmingham on May 22, Indy on May 25, Louisville on July 6, Memphis on July 17 and Saint Louis on September 7. Fans can pick out a roadtrip or two and see Nashville play at one of many relatively close road games.
Loaded months of May and August will see Nashville play six games in each month. May is likely to be even busier as Nashville will have at least U.S. Open Cup game in that month. Meanwhile, July will offer the team a bit of a reprieve in the middle of the season as Nashville is scheduled to only play three USL Championship games.
Even with the forecasted busy schedule in May, Nashville won't have to travel far with three home USL Championship games and three road games in Atlanta, Birmingham and Indianapolis.
Head coach Gary Smith had this to say about Nashville SC's 2019 schedule:
"There's always excitement when the schedule is released, it's a signal that the season is not too far away. The anticipation of a home opener and looking at some key dates in the calendar to see where the team is playing."
"From a purely technical stand point, it's a time to study each month, look at the break down of fixtures and start asking some questions that will affect our campaign. Do we have a stretch at home or away? How many midweek games do we have? What are the tougher looking months?"
"On paper our schedule looks very encouraging with two home games to kick the season off and a good stretch at home to see the season out. In between we have a couple of tougher looking months through the summer, but with the balanced schedule of home and away games against every team and six teams now being a bus ride away, we will all be looking forward to 2019."
How to Watch in 2019
Nashville SC Season Ticket Memberships are on sale now for the 2019 season, starting at just $10 a game. To purchase a season ticket package, visit NashvilleSC.com/seasontickets or call a ticket representative at (615) 457-8200. Single game and group tickets will go on sale at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from December 19, 2018
- United Soccer League Announces 2019 Sounders FC 2 Schedule - Tacoma Defiance
- USL Championship Revamps Playoff Format for 2019 - Nashville SC
- Rio Grande Valley FC Reveals 2019 USL Championship Season Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- 2019 USL Championship Schedule Unveiled - Loudoun United
- New Mexico United Signs 3 More Dynamic Players - New Mexico United
- 2019 USL Championship Schedule Unveiled - Charlotte Independence
- Nashville SC's 2019 Schedule Unveiled by USL Championship - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising Releases Full Schedule for 2019 Season - Phoenix Rising FC
- Energy FC 2019 Schedule Released - OKC Energy FC
- Saint Louis FC 2019 Schedule Revealed - Saint Louis FC
- Atlanta United 2 Announces 2019 Regular Season Schedule - Atlanta United 2
- United Soccer League Unveils 2019 USL Championship Schedule - North Carolina FC
- Louisville City FC Announces 2019 USL Championship Schedule, New Playoff Format Unveiled - Louisville City FC
- Memphis 901 FC Reveals Full 2019 Schedule - Memphis 901 FC
- Indy Eleven 2019 USL Championship Schedule Unveiled - Indy Eleven
- Hounds' 2019 Schedule Unveiled - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Charleston Battery Announces 2019 Schedule - Charleston Battery
- 2019 Switchbacks FC Schedule Unveiled - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Announces Full 2019 USL Championship Schedule - Real Monarchs SLC
- 2019 USL Championship Schedule Unveiled - USL
- News | Fresno FC Announces 2019 USL Championship Schedule - Fresno FC
- Austin Bold FC Announces Full 2019 USL Championship Schedule - Austin Bold FC
- Republic FC Announce 2019 USL Championship Regular-Season Schedule - Sacramento Republic FC
- San Antonio FC Announces 2019 USL Championship Schedule - San Antonio FC
- Louisville City FC Adds Forward Sunny Jane - Louisville City FC
- Update on Ottawa Fury FC Sanctioning - Ottawa Fury FC
- Louisville City FC Officially Re-Signs Goalkeeper Tim Dobrowolski - Louisville City FC
- Juan Guerra Joins Indy Eleven as Assistant Coach - Indy Eleven
- Club Issues Statement on Greg Ranjitsingh and Kyle Smith - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Randall Leal Called up to Costa Rica National Team for November CONCACAF Nations League Matches
- Doolsta Excited to Compete in First International FIFA 20 Competition of the Season
- Pickens, Tribbett, Davis Named to USL Championship All-Opta First Team
- Samuel Abraham Crowned Champion of Tennessee EA Sports FIFA 20 Challenge
- Nashville SC to Auction 2019 Branded Stadium Signage with All Proceeds Going to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital