Mud Hens Hit Milestone 500th Sellout
TOLEDO, OH- For the 500th time at Fifth Third Field, fans filled the seats from behind home to the Home Run Terrace marking a milestone at the ballpark- 500 sellout games!
"Mud Hens fans, thank you, this achievement is yours," said Erik Ibsen, Mud Hens Executive Vice President and General Manager. "We appreciate the dedication, passion and support you give year after year."
Opening in 2002 at a cost of $39.2 million, the ballpark located in Toledo's Warehouse District has welcomed more than 9.8 million fans.
"The fact the construction of this ballpark was paid off five years ahead of schedule shows just how much support we've received at Fifth Third Field," Ibsen said. "We also place a high priority on maintaining this tremendous community asset."
The Mud Hens thanked the fans during the inning breaks with giveaways from valued corporate sponsors. (Sponsors in alphabetical order: Forest View, Great Clips, Levis Commons, Marcos, Midwest Eye Consultant, Planet Fitness, Softer than Brittle, Sonic, Tito's Vodka, Toledo Asana Room)
"This ballpark has made lifelong memories for so many people, and we can't wait to make many more in the future," said Thomas Townley, Mud Hens Director of Ticket Sales and Service.
Since moving into Fifth Third Field, the Mud Hens won the International League's Governor's Cup in 2005 and 2006, hosted the Triple-A All-Star Game in 2006, and most recently won the IL West Division in 2018.
The Mud Hens open their 2020 season at Fifth Third Field on Thursday, April 16 against the Indianapolis Indians.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 30, 2019
- RailRiders can't hold off Bisons' rally in the middle innings in Friday night loss - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Craig Homers as Clippers Two-Hit Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Urena Drives in Five as Bisons Top RailRiders, 8-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- Stripers Clinch IL South Division Title Despite Loss in Durham - Gwinnett Stripers
- IronPigs split doubleheader in Pawtucket - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Win in Walk-Off Fashion - Durham Bulls
- "Above Average" Wings Beat Syracuse 6-1 - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights Shut out 2-0 in Norfolk - Charlotte Knights
- Shepherd Controls Knights in 2-0 Win - Norfolk Tides
- Mets Drop Series Opener to Red Wings, 6-1 - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Fall to Mud Hens on Friday Night, 2-0 - Louisville Bats
- Mud Hens Hit Milestone 500th Sellout - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-71) vs. Columbus Clippers (77-59) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Indy Announces 2019 Award Winners - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Announce 2020 Schedule - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (57-79) at Toledo Mud Hens (65-71) - Louisville Bats
- Montgomery Joins SWB for Rehab Start Tonight - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- 2020 Durham Bulls Home Schedule Announced - Durham Bulls
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Governors' Cup Playoff Preview - August 30, 2019 - IL
- Mets Win Regular Season Home Finale and Regain Share of First Place - Syracuse Mets
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Splits Twinbill at Pawtucket - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.