Morrissey Tallies Goal and Assist in Loss to Mayhem
It was a solid night for Shayne Morrissey as his goal and assist kept the Thunderbolts into the game, however the Mayhem would gain the upper hand in the second half and win 6-3.
Evansville would battle back to tie the game twice before Macon pulled away, starting in the first period. Down 1-0, Nick D'Avolio would tie the game at 15:29 from Morrissey and Frank Schumacher. Down 2-0 in the second period, it was Eric Salzillo scoring shorthanded from Scott Donahue at 6:43, tying the game at 2-2. After Macon pulled away to take a 6-2 lead, the Thunderbolts would get one back as Morrissey scored at 12:40 of the second period from Schumacher and Rory Rawlyk on the power play.
Morrissey had a goal and assist, D'Avolio and Salzillo had a goal each, and Schumacher finished with two assists. Braeden Ostepchuk made 39 saves on the night. The Thunderbolts are on the road the next two weekends, playing on January 25-27 at Fayetteville, and then on February 1-2 at Roanoke. The Thunderbolts return home on Friday, February 8th, as they host the Huntsville Havoc. Tickets are available at the Ford Center Box Office or online at EvansvilleThunderbolts.com.
UPCOMING HOME EVENTS:
Friday, February 8 - Faith Night presented by Oakland City University
Friday, February 15 - First Responders Night, special jersey auction
Friday, February 22 - FORTNITE Night
Saturday, February 23 - Bobby Night
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2019
- Late Flurry Helps Rivermen Weather Storm Saturday - Peoria Rivermen
- Morrissey Tallies Goal and Assist in Loss to Mayhem - Evansville Thunderbolts
- Bulls Fall to Pensacola in OT - Birmingham Bulls
- Taulien Scores Hat Trick as Mayhem Sweep Evansville - Macon Mayhem
- Slow Start Stops Marksmen Streak, Falling 4-3 - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Rail Yard Dawgs Bury Marksmen, 4-3 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Preview: Mayhem at Evansville Thunderbolts (Game 31) - Macon Mayhem
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (14-15-0) at Marksmen (15-11-3) - 6:00 PM - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- McCormick Crushes Capacity Crowd's Night in Roanoke - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Brad Barone Returned from ECHL Newfoundland - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Salkeld Guides Havoc to 4-1 Win over Knoxville - Huntsville Havoc
- Mikowski Scores First Pro Goal in Close Loss to Macon - Evansville Thunderbolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Evansville Thunderbolts Stories
- Evansville ThunderBolts and Team General Manager Parting Ways
- Nieuwendyk Ends Career with Goal in Loss to Storm
- Mizzi Scores in Return to Lineup in Loss to Quad City
- Morrissey Leads Way to Shootout Win over Rivermen
- Ostepchuk Stops 31 Shots in Loss to Bulls