Monsters Fall to Crunch in Game 3 by 2-1 Final Score
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters fell to the Syracuse Crunch in Game 3 of a best-of-five North Division Semi-Final series on Tuesday in front of 9,342 fans at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse by a final score of 2-1. Despite the loss, the Monsters maintain a 2-1 series edge on the Crunch with Game 4 at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse.
The Crunch struck first when Alex Barre-Boulet notched a tally 12:10 into the opening period to give Syracuse a 1-0 advantage.
Following a scoreless second period, Syracuse doubled their lead just 31 seconds into the final frame when Andy Andreoff capitalized on a power-play opportunity. Justin Scott scored a short-handed goal at 12:47 for the Monsters to cut the lead to 2-1, but the comeback effort fell short despite numerous scoring chances.
Monsters goaltender Brad Thiessen fell to 2-1 in the postseason despite stopping 25 shots on Tuesday while Crunch backstop Eddie Pasquale improved to 1-2 in the playoffs following a 25-save performance.
Next up for the Monsters, it's Game 4 of the team's best-of-five game North Division Semi-Final series vs. the Crunch on Thursday with full coverage, live from Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, underway at 7:00 p.m. EST on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
For full Playoff information, visit Monsters Playoff Central - www.clevelandmonsters.com/playoffs
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 23, 2019
- Admirals Fall in Game Two to Iowa - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Fall to Crunch in Game 3 by 2-1 Final Score - Cleveland Monsters
- Ho-Sang scores first playoff goal in setback; Hershey takes 2-1 series lead - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Push Sound Tigers to the Brink in Game 3 Win - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Take Game 3 over Monsters, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Sign Forward Andrew Cherniwchan to PTO - Hershey Bears
- Clapperton Nominated for U SPORTS Male Athlete of the Year - Belleville Senators
- Alec Regula Joins Griffins on ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Condors Host First-Ever AHL Calder Cup Playoffs Game Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Sound Tigers Try to Regain Series Lead in Game 3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m. (Atlantic Division Semifinals - Game 3) - Hershey Bears
- Gulls Double Up San Jose for 2-1 Series Edge - San Diego Gulls
- Gulls Hold off Barracuda 4-2, Take 2-1 Series Lead - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Announce New Television Program on SportsTime Ohio, Monsters OT, Presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Monsters Sign Forward Carson Meyer to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Thomas Schemitsch to AHL Contract
- Cavs, Monsters and Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Monsters Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to AHL Contract