American Hockey League Announces Suspensions
April 23, 2019 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
Charlotte Checkers defenseman Trevor Carrick has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of his actions in a playoff game at Providence on Apr. 21.
Carrick was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline) for leaving the players' bench on a legal line change for the purpose of joining an altercation. He will miss Charlotte's next three games, beginning with Game 3 of the Atlantic Division Semifinals, Wednesday (Apr. 24) vs. Providence.
(If Charlotte is eliminated before the suspension can be served to completion this postseason, remaining games would carry over to the next time Carrick is active on an AHL club roster.)
Charlotte Checkers defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a playoff game at Providence on Apr. 21.
Sanguinetti was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline). He will miss Game 3 of the Atlantic Division Semifinals, Wednesday (Apr. 24) vs. Providence.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 23, 2019
- Admirals Fall in Game Two to Iowa - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Fall to Crunch in Game 3 by 2-1 Final Score - Cleveland Monsters
- Ho-Sang scores first playoff goal in setback; Hershey takes 2-1 series lead - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Push Sound Tigers to the Brink in Game 3 Win - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Take Game 3 over Monsters, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Sign Forward Andrew Cherniwchan to PTO - Hershey Bears
- Clapperton Nominated for U SPORTS Male Athlete of the Year - Belleville Senators
- Alec Regula Joins Griffins on ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Condors Host First-Ever AHL Calder Cup Playoffs Game Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Sound Tigers Try to Regain Series Lead in Game 3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m. (Atlantic Division Semifinals - Game 3) - Hershey Bears
- Gulls Double Up San Jose for 2-1 Series Edge - San Diego Gulls
- Gulls Hold off Barracuda 4-2, Take 2-1 Series Lead - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.