Crunch Take Game 3 over Monsters, 2-1
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch topped the Cleveland Monsters, 2-1, in Game 3 at the Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse tonight to extend the North Division Semifinals series.
Alex Barre-Boulet paced the Crunch with a goal and an assist as the Crunch took their first victory of the series.
Netminder Eddie Pasquale recorded the win with 25 saves between the pipes for the Crunch. Brad Thiessen turned aside 25-of-27 in net for the Monsters. Syracuse went 1-for-4 on the power play and a perfect 5-for-5 on the penalty kill.
The Crunch opened scoring 12:10 into the first period to take their first lead of the series. Barre-Boulet grabbed the puck behind the net and wrapped around to jam it in at the post. Assists went to Mitchell Stephens and Carter Verhaeghe.
Syracuse doubled their lead with a power-play goal 31 seconds into the third period. Verhaeghe set up Barre-Boulet for a one-timer from the right circle that went off the post, but Andy Andreoff was there to sweep in the rebound.
The Monsters came back within one with a shorthanded breakaway by Justin Scott at the 12:47 mark with the help of Zac Dalpe, but the Crunch smothered the effort and held on for the win.
The Crunch and Monsters play Game 4 on Thursday at 7 p.m. in Cleveland.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
Crunchables: Carter Verhaeghe has collected a point on each of Syracuse's six postseason goals (1g, 5a).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 23, 2019
- Admirals Fall in Game Two to Iowa - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Fall to Crunch in Game 3 by 2-1 Final Score - Cleveland Monsters
- Ho-Sang scores first playoff goal in setback; Hershey takes 2-1 series lead - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Push Sound Tigers to the Brink in Game 3 Win - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Take Game 3 over Monsters, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Sign Forward Andrew Cherniwchan to PTO - Hershey Bears
- Clapperton Nominated for U SPORTS Male Athlete of the Year - Belleville Senators
- Alec Regula Joins Griffins on ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Condors Host First-Ever AHL Calder Cup Playoffs Game Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Sound Tigers Try to Regain Series Lead in Game 3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m. (Atlantic Division Semifinals - Game 3) - Hershey Bears
- Gulls Double Up San Jose for 2-1 Series Edge - San Diego Gulls
- Gulls Hold off Barracuda 4-2, Take 2-1 Series Lead - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Stanley Steemer Teddy and Toy Toss Drive-Thru December 5
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Devante Stephens to AHL Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Ross Colton to One-Year Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Ben Thomas
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson