Mitch Creek Rejoins Long Island Nets
LONG ISLAND - Forward Mitch Creek has rejoined the Long Island Nets, Brooklyn's NBA G League affiliate, after being released from his 10-day contract by the Brooklyn Nets. In a related move, the Long Island Nets have waived guard Kevin Olekaibe.
Creek originally signed a 10-day contract with Brooklyn on Jan. 25 before signing a second 10-day contract on Feb. 4. He appeared in four games for Brooklyn, recording averages of 3.8 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 8.9 minutes per contest.
The Australian native has appeared in 27 games (22 starts) for Long Island this season, averaging 14.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.0 steals in 30.6 minutes per contest while shooting 54.0 percent (149-of-276) from the field. Prior to joining Long Island, Creek signed with Brooklyn on Aug. 20 and spent the 2018 preseason with the team prior to being waived on Oct. 12.
Olekaibe appeared in five games for Long Island this season, averaging 5.0 points and 2.0 assists in 16.8 minutes per game.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 7, 2019
- Warrick Powers Wolves over Clippers at Home - Iowa Wolves
- Shorthanded Clips Fall to Wolves - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Red Claws End Swarm Streak - Greensboro Swarm
- Farrell Nets Game-Winner as Blue Coats Top Long Island - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hot-Shooting Red Claws Roll Past Swarm - Maine Red Claws
- Mitch Creek Rejoins Long Island Nets - Long Island Nets
- Limited Tickets Remaining for this Saturday's Windy City Bulls Home Game - Windy City Bulls
- Mad Ants Hold on for OT Win against Capital City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Hornets Assign Bacon and Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Coats to Host Black History Month Celebration Game - Delaware Blue Coats
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Stockton Kings 95-88; Six Sea Dubs Reach Double Figures - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wisconsin's Late Comeback Falls Short as Raptors Claim Win - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Will Davis II in Trade with Capital City
- Long Island Nets Acquire Josh Newkirk
- Theo Pinson and Alan Williams Selected to Midseason All-NBA G League East Team
- Mitch Creek Rejoins Long Island Nets
- Suspended Game Between Long Island Nets and Erie BayHawks Rescheduled for March 13