Minnesota/New York Postgame Notes
After only leading 42-40 at the halftime break, the Lynx outscored the Liberty 47-33, shooting 58.1% shooting (18-of-31) with 13 assists and only three turnovers in the second half.
Odyssey Sims led the way for Minnesota for the second straight night, finishing with 17 points on an efficient 7-of-10 shooting, six assists and three steals. Sims has now dished out six or more assists in three straight games.
Stephanie Talbot added another impactful game off the bench for the Lynx as she provided 16 points on 4-of-9 shooting, including 4-of-9 from deep and three rebounds. Tonight was the seventh time she's scored in double-figures this season after having seven total such games in her first two seasons in the WNBA.
In 29:23 off the bench, Danielle Robinson was another Lynx in double-figures as she scored 14 points on 5-of-7 shooting, six rebounds and four assists.
Napheesa Collier had another efficient night, finishing with 14 points on 7-of-12 shooting, four rebounds, three assists and a blocked shot. Collier has now scored in double-figures in six straight games.
Lexie Brown added eight points off the bench including a career-high three steals. Her previous best was two, most recently vs. Washington on July 24.
Behind Talbot's 16 and Robinson's 14, the 47 bench points by the Lynx are the most since September 20, 2012 at Los Angeles when the reserves provided 48 points.
For the second time in three games, Minnesota finished shooting 50% or better as they ended the game at a 51.6% clip (33-of-64) from the field. Since 2011, the Lynx are 76-2 when shooting 50% or better.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 13, 2019
- Career Night for Rebecca Allen Not Enough to Defeat Lynx, Liberty Come up Short, 89-73 - New York Liberty
- Minnesota/New York Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Jantel Lavender to Undergo Surgery on Left Foot - Chicago Sky
- Brittney Griner Purchases Block of 300 Tickets for Phoenix Mercury Game Tomorrow Night against Connecticut - Phoenix Mercury
- Aces Sign Jaime Nared to Second Seven-Day Contract - Las Vegas Aces
- Lynx Sign Forward Jillian Alleyne - Minnesota Lynx
- WNBA Announces Player Suspensions for Involvement in Altercation During August 10 Dallas Wings at Phoenix Mercury Game - WNBA
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.