Brittney Griner Purchases Block of 300 Tickets for Phoenix Mercury Game Tomorrow Night against Connecticut
PHOENIX - 2014 WNBA Champion, two-time Defensive Player of the Year and 2017 WNBA Scoring Champion Brittney Griner has purchased a block of 300 tickets for the Phoenix Mercury's game tomorrow night against the Connecticut Sun at Talking Stick Resort Arena at 7 p.m. While Griner is unable to be in the arena to support her team due to league suspension, making sure the PayPal X-Factor is there in her place to provide the best home court advantage in the WNBA was her top priority.
Tickets will be available to fans to claim on a first-come, first-served basis at a table on the Fry's Plaza at Talking Stick Resort Arena beginning at 4:30 p.m.
Griner is a leading MVP candidate this season, ranking first in the league in scoring (19.4 ppg), second in blocks (2.0 bpg), fourth in field goal percentage (54.0) and second in efficiency (21.4). The 6-8 center became the third player in WNBA history to reach 600 career blocks earlier this season and is currently the only player in the league averaging at least 19 points, seven rebounds and two blocks per game this summer. Only Anthony Davis averaged such numbers during the 2018-19 NBA season.
After coming within one win of trip to the WNBA Finals, the Phoenix Mercury return in 2019 in search of a league-record tying fourth WNBA title. Led by the All-Star trio of Diana Taurasi, Brittney Griner and DeWanna Bonner, Phoenix looks to continue its title quest on August 14 against Connecticut. Tickets for the Mercury's next home game on Wednesday, August 14 against the Connecticut Sun, and the remaining six home games, at Talking Stick Resort Arena can be purchased by calling 602.252.WNBA or by visiting PhoenixMercury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 13, 2019
- Career Night for Rebecca Allen Not Enough to Defeat Lynx, Liberty Come up Short, 89-73 - New York Liberty
- Minnesota/New York Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Jantel Lavender to Undergo Surgery on Left Foot - Chicago Sky
- Brittney Griner Purchases Block of 300 Tickets for Phoenix Mercury Game Tomorrow Night against Connecticut - Phoenix Mercury
- Aces Sign Jaime Nared to Second Seven-Day Contract - Las Vegas Aces
- Lynx Sign Forward Jillian Alleyne - Minnesota Lynx
- WNBA Announces Player Suspensions for Involvement in Altercation During August 10 Dallas Wings at Phoenix Mercury Game - WNBA
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.