Lynx Sign Forward Jillian Alleyne
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - The Minnesota Lynx today announced the team has signed free agent forward Jillian Alleyne to a third seven-day contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Alleyne (pronounced AY-leen), a 6-3 forward, has seen action in four games with the Lynx and has totaled two points and four rebounds. She spent last winter playing for Israeli club Hapoel Rishon Lezion, where she averaged 18.7 points (on 52.3% shooting) and a league-best 15.4 rebounds per game in 23 starts.
The Fontana, Calif., native was selected by Phoenix in the second round (20th overall) of the 2016 WNBA Draft, following a four-year career at the University of Oregon that saw her average 17.9 points (on 54.3% shooting) and 14.3 rebounds in 120 games. Alleyne completed her NCAA career as only the 10th player in Division I history with at least 2000 points and 1500 rebounds. She also finished with the second-most double-doubles in Division I history (92) and the third-most rebounds (1712).
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 13, 2019
- Career Night for Rebecca Allen Not Enough to Defeat Lynx, Liberty Come up Short, 89-73 - New York Liberty
- Minnesota/New York Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Jantel Lavender to Undergo Surgery on Left Foot - Chicago Sky
- Brittney Griner Purchases Block of 300 Tickets for Phoenix Mercury Game Tomorrow Night against Connecticut - Phoenix Mercury
- Aces Sign Jaime Nared to Second Seven-Day Contract - Las Vegas Aces
- Lynx Sign Forward Jillian Alleyne - Minnesota Lynx
- WNBA Announces Player Suspensions for Involvement in Altercation During August 10 Dallas Wings at Phoenix Mercury Game - WNBA
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.