Miami FC Announces Intent to Join USL Academy League
MIAMI - The Miami FC Youth Academy announced on Thursday, their intent to join the USL Academy League, which is set to launch early 2021.
MFCYA will be hosting an invitational tryout for the USL Academy League team later in September at Tamiami Park. To sign up for more information about tryouts, click here.
Unique to any other pre-professional set-up in the United States, USL Academy League teams will field a single elite youth team, geared towards top local players within the U15 to U19 age range, and built with a direct connection to the club's First Team.
"Since we began our journey with the Miami FC Youth Academy almost two years ago, our main priority was to find a platform to showcase the level of the players," explained Miami FC Youth Academy President of the Board Paul Dalglish. "South Florida is known for having some of the best fÃºtbol talent in the country, and we are hoping to be able to give our community a platform to showcase that. There is no better way for our youth players to showcase their talents than to use the USL Academy League as a platform. It will help us develop players, with the ultimate goal of bringing them to train and hopefully play with our First Team."
With the goal of providing a new professional pathway for youth players in USL communities across the country, the first-of-its-kind pre-professional league will align with the United States' professional calendar, complement existing local youth organizations and allow players extensive access to the First Team.
With over 140 senior clubs throughout the Championship, League One and League Two levels of the United Soccer League structure, young players in America now have more opportunities to play professional soccer than ever before.
"This is an exciting time to be an academy player at Miami FC," said Miami FC Youth Academy Executive Director Nelson Vargas. "Participating in the USL Academy League will be an amazing platform for our youth players to participate in, while also growing as athletes. This will give us a unique opportunity to compete against other teams at a national level, while showcasing our First Team methodology at the youth level."
The Miami FC Youth Academy will look to give players a place in a USL Academy League squad, which will be earned by excelling within a club's youth network. There, they can go up against top players and teams in the next stage of their development, helping their team to success on the field and proving their readiness for the next step.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 10, 2020
- Matt Hundley Scores in Stoppage Time to Give Memphis the Win - Memphis 901 FC
- Nazmi Albadawi Makes 150th Appearance in NCFC Match against Memphis 901 FC - North Carolina FC
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results, September 10, 2020 - USL
- Match Preview: Fort Lauderdale CF to Host Orlando City B - USL
- Forward JJ Williams Rejoins Legion FC on Loan for Remainder of Season - Birmingham Legion FC
- September 11 Match Preview - CHSvTBR - Charleston Battery
- Reno Heads to Sacramento with Chance to Clinch a Spot in Playoffs - Reno 1868 FC
- Philadelphia Union II Announce Schedule Updates - Philadelphia Union II
- Three Takeaways from #SACvOC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Hartford Athletic - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Orange County Fall to Republic FC - Orange County SC
- Phoenix's Flemmings Voted Championship's Player of the Month - USL
- LouCity, SeatGeek Expand Ticketing Partnership - Louisville City FC
- Hartford Athletic and Cigna Announce Virtual Yoga & Mindfulness Session - Hartford Athletic
- Charlotte Independence Launches Season Deposit & Priority Seat Selection Plan for All-New American Legion Memorial Stadium in 2021 - Charlotte Independence
- Miami FC Announces Intent to Join USL Academy League - Miami FC
- Short-Handed Sacramento Republic FC Rally over Orange County SC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Tacoma Defiance Defeated 3-0 on the Road at Portland Timbers 2 - Tacoma Defiance
- LA Galaxy II Suffer 3-0 Setback vs. San Diego Loyal - LA Galaxy II
- Real Monarchs Dominate Switchbacks FC 4-1 - Real Monarchs SLC
- SD Loyal Attack Explodes with 3-0 Win against Host LA Galaxy II - San Diego Loyal
- Switchbacks FC Drop Result to Real Monarchs - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Miami FC Stories
- The Miami FC Appoints Former Inter Milan and D.C. United Executive Michael Williamson as CEO
- Velasquez Named to USL Championship Team of the Week
- GAMEDAY REPORT: Miami Wraps up Season with Victory against Atlanta
- Miami Produces Thrilling Comeback against Battery
- Miami FC Announces Intent to Join USL Academy League