Hartford Athletic and Cigna Announce Virtual Yoga & Mindfulness Session
HARTFORD, Conn. - Hartford Athletic announced today that it will team up with Founding Partner Cigna to host a Virtual Yoga & Mindfulness session on September 29th.
"This has been a challenging year for so many people and the importance of mental health is greater than ever before," said Jordan Charlupski, Vice President of Revenue and Strategic Initiatives for Hartford Athletic. "We are proud to have Cigna, a company that makes mental health a priority, as a partner and are excited to join forces with them to support this initiative."
The event will feature a guided yoga session for all levels led by Ivana Walker who leads yoga sessions for Hartford Athletic. Meditation will be led by Behavioral Health Coach and Mindfulness Integration Committee founder for Cigna, Richard Bonk. A donation of $10 is required to participate and all participants will receive a co-branded yoga mat and a ticket to a 2020 or 2021 Hartford Athletic home game. All proceeds will be donated to Mental Health CT.
"We're excited to have this opportunity to support the Hartford Athletic soccer team in our home state," said Wendy Sherry, president of Cigna's Connecticut market. "During this unfamiliar time, taking care of your mental and physical well-being is more important than ever.â¯Through this program, we can together help people maintain their own health and also help build a healthier community."
To register, visit www.hartfordathletic.com/cigna. The first 100 registrants will receive a limited edition, co-branded yoga mat, as well as a ticket to a 2020 or 2021 home match. For the second year in a row, Cigna is the presenting sponsor of the Every Save Matters program and will donate $100 to Team Impact for every Hartford Athletic save in 2020.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 10, 2020
- Matt Hundley Scores in Stoppage Time to Give Memphis the Win - Memphis 901 FC
- Nazmi Albadawi Makes 150th Appearance in NCFC Match against Memphis 901 FC - North Carolina FC
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results, September 10, 2020 - USL
- Match Preview: Fort Lauderdale CF to Host Orlando City B - USL
- Forward JJ Williams Rejoins Legion FC on Loan for Remainder of Season - Birmingham Legion FC
- September 11 Match Preview - CHSvTBR - Charleston Battery
- Reno Heads to Sacramento with Chance to Clinch a Spot in Playoffs - Reno 1868 FC
- Philadelphia Union II Announce Schedule Updates - Philadelphia Union II
- Three Takeaways from #SACvOC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Hartford Athletic - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Orange County Fall to Republic FC - Orange County SC
- Phoenix's Flemmings Voted Championship's Player of the Month - USL
- LouCity, SeatGeek Expand Ticketing Partnership - Louisville City FC
- Hartford Athletic and Cigna Announce Virtual Yoga & Mindfulness Session - Hartford Athletic
- Charlotte Independence Launches Season Deposit & Priority Seat Selection Plan for All-New American Legion Memorial Stadium in 2021 - Charlotte Independence
- Miami FC Announces Intent to Join USL Academy League - Miami FC
- Short-Handed Sacramento Republic FC Rally over Orange County SC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Tacoma Defiance Defeated 3-0 on the Road at Portland Timbers 2 - Tacoma Defiance
- LA Galaxy II Suffer 3-0 Setback vs. San Diego Loyal - LA Galaxy II
- Real Monarchs Dominate Switchbacks FC 4-1 - Real Monarchs SLC
- SD Loyal Attack Explodes with 3-0 Win against Host LA Galaxy II - San Diego Loyal
- Switchbacks FC Drop Result to Real Monarchs - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Athletic Stories
- Hartford Athletic Captain and Team MVP Danny Barrera Returning in 2021
- The Roundup: Fans' Choice Awards
- Hartford Athletic 2020 Season Community Wrap Up
- Hartford Athletic: 5 Takeaways from the USL Championship Club's 2020 Season
- Match for a Cause Raises over $19,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford