USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results, September 10, 2020
September 10, 2020 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
The United Soccer League (USL) can confirm that 1,205 tests were administered to players and club staff from the 35 Championship clubs between August 24th and August 31st with three individuals testing positive from three clubs.
Those players or club staff who have tested positive will have self-isolated in line with the guidelines provided by the USL and only those who have tested negative will be permitted to enter training ground facilities. Anyone identified via contact tracing will also be quarantined and tested.
USL League One
The USL can confirm that 420 tests were administered to players and club staff from the 11 League One clubs between August 24th and August 31st with two individuals testing positive from one club.
Those players or club staff who have tested positive will now self-isolate in line with the guidelines provided by the USL and only those who have tested negative will be permitted to enter training ground facilities. Anyone identified via contact tracing will also be quarantined and tested.
What happens after a positive test?
The individual will be immediately isolated and receive follow-up care and treatment from team physicians and infectious disease experts.
If appropriate (at the discretion of the team physician), the individual may be tested again to ensure the initial test was not a false positive.
All indoor areas in which the individual has been will be closed for 24 hours for cleaning and disinfection.
The individual's club, in consultation with the state or local health department, will conduct a contact tracing investigation.
Anyone identified in the contact tracing investigation will immediately quarantine and be tested one or more times on a schedule to be determined by the team physician.
As the 2020 season continues, the USL will make a central announcement of COVID-19 test results on a weekly basis to continue to support competition integrity and transparency.
In order to protect the privacy of those involved, no specific details as to clubs or individuals will be provided by the USL.
At minimum, players, and staff members who are in close contact with players, will be given a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) diagnostic test for COVID-19 every week.
In addition, players and staff members who work with players will be quarantined and given additional PCR tests if they are symptomatic or if they have been in close contact for a prolonged period with a diagnosed or suspected case of COVID-19.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 10, 2020
- Matt Hundley Scores in Stoppage Time to Give Memphis the Win - Memphis 901 FC
- Nazmi Albadawi Makes 150th Appearance in NCFC Match against Memphis 901 FC - North Carolina FC
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results, September 10, 2020 - USL
- Match Preview: Fort Lauderdale CF to Host Orlando City B - USL
- Forward JJ Williams Rejoins Legion FC on Loan for Remainder of Season - Birmingham Legion FC
- September 11 Match Preview - CHSvTBR - Charleston Battery
- Reno Heads to Sacramento with Chance to Clinch a Spot in Playoffs - Reno 1868 FC
- Philadelphia Union II Announce Schedule Updates - Philadelphia Union II
- Three Takeaways from #SACvOC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Hartford Athletic - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Orange County Fall to Republic FC - Orange County SC
- Phoenix's Flemmings Voted Championship's Player of the Month - USL
- LouCity, SeatGeek Expand Ticketing Partnership - Louisville City FC
- Hartford Athletic and Cigna Announce Virtual Yoga & Mindfulness Session - Hartford Athletic
- Charlotte Independence Launches Season Deposit & Priority Seat Selection Plan for All-New American Legion Memorial Stadium in 2021 - Charlotte Independence
- Miami FC Announces Intent to Join USL Academy League - Miami FC
- Short-Handed Sacramento Republic FC Rally over Orange County SC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Tacoma Defiance Defeated 3-0 on the Road at Portland Timbers 2 - Tacoma Defiance
- LA Galaxy II Suffer 3-0 Setback vs. San Diego Loyal - LA Galaxy II
- Real Monarchs Dominate Switchbacks FC 4-1 - Real Monarchs SLC
- SD Loyal Attack Explodes with 3-0 Win against Host LA Galaxy II - San Diego Loyal
- Switchbacks FC Drop Result to Real Monarchs - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.