Mexican National Team to Face on March 27 at AT&T Stadium
MEXICO CITY and NEW YORK CITY - The Mexican National Team has selected World Cup-bound Croatia as the rival for its previously-announced match on Tuesday, March 27 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX - presented by AT&T. Mexico and Croatia, both Top 20 national teams, are expected to travel with their top rosters due to the FIFA fixture window.
Tickets for the Mexico U.S. Tour matches are available via MexTour.org, ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-745-3000. Fans interested in sitting in the Croatia supporter's section can click HERE.
To download a video of Mexico Head Coach Juan Carlos Osorio commenting on the game against Croatia, click HERE (Spanish follows English)
To view a fan message video from Dallas Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey, click HERE
Croatia will be the third consecutive European nation, and second consecutive World Cup-bound nation, Mexico will face during the U.S. Tour. El Tricolor opened the tour with a 1-0 win over Bosnia & Herzegovina in San Antonio on January 31. On March 23 Mexico is scheduled to play World Cup squad Iceland in Santa Clara, CA.
Croatia, currently 15th in the FIFA/Coca Cola World Rankings and led by Real Madrid star Luka Modriæ and FC Barcelona's Ivan Rakitiæ, has faced-off against Mexico, ranked 17th, on five different occasions, with Croatia winning three games and Mexico two. Croatia emerged victorious in three matches in 1992, 1999, and 2017, while Mexico defeated Croatia during the 2002 and 2014 FIFA World Cups. The last time these two nations met was in 2017 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum where Mexico suffered a 2-1 defeat.
For more information, fans are invited to visit www.MexTour.org, the ultimate fan destination page with the latest information related to the team's visit to U.S. cities throughout the year, including full tour schedule, on-sale dates, gameday guide and activities, public events and more. Also, fans can visit the official Mexican National Team U.S. e-store, http://store.miseleccion.us/, featuring the latest team gear, including jerseys, hats and team merchandise.
Now in its 16th edition, the annual Mexican National Team U.S. Tour matches have become one of the most popular events in the sport, with an average of approximately 50,000 fans per game throughout the years. With nearly 80 games played since 2002, the Mexican National Team has been able to use the matches not only as a way to prepare for important competitions like the FIFA World Cup and CONCACAF Gold Cup, but also to reach their fervent fan base across North America.
More than a 90-minute game, each tour stop is a week-long celebration of the sport, featuring public and media events, and culminating on gameday outside at the stadium with the AT&T Futbol Fiesta, a 120,000 sq. ft. interactive fan area featuring sponsor booths, food, music, and autograph sessions by Mexican soccer legends.
The Tour, sponsored by adidas, Advance Auto Parts, Allstate Insurance Company, AT&T, Coca-Cola, Daisy Brand, Delta/Aeromexico, el Jimador, Estrella Jalisco, Makita, Nissan, POWERADE, The Home Depot, and Wells Fargo, will visit various cities across the United States in 2018, and will be broadcast nationally on the Univision and Fox family of networks and Fútbol de Primera Radio Network.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 8, 2018
- Earthquakes, Wells Fargo Introduce Dynamic New Partnership - San Jose Earthquakes
- Eikrem Shines in Second Preseason Friendly Versus California United in 5-1 Sounders Win - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact U14 Returns to Tournoi Sans Frontiere in France - Montreal Impact
- Mexican National Team to Face on March 27 at AT&T Stadium - FC Dallas
- MAPFRE Stadium Announces a "No Bag" Policy for Soccer Matches Beginning March 1 - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting KC Trades Andrew Dykstra to Colorado in Exchange for Draft Pick - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- #HOUvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the 2018 Texas Derby Kickoff Match
- Paxton Pomykal and Brandon Servania Depart for U.S. U20 Camp
- FC Dallas Remains on Top of the West with 3-1 Win vs. Chicago
- #FCDvCHI: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match
- Reggie Cannon and Paxton Pomykal Named to 2018 MLS Homegrown Game Presented by Energizer