MAPFRE Stadium Announces a "No Bag" Policy for Soccer Matches Beginning March 1
COLUMBUS - MAPFRE Stadium today announced a policy change for 2018 as a result of MAPFRE Stadium's effort to increase security levels and improve the matchday experience for supporters. Specifically, beginning with the SheBelieves Cup doubleheader on Thursday, March 1, Crew SC has implemented a new "No Bag" policy for soccer matches, which includes 2018 Crew SC matches. Bags larger than 5-by-8-by-1-inches will not be allowed at soccer matches held at MAPFRE Stadium. The measure will not only enhance security for the venue, but will also expedite lines in an effort to maximize the supporter experience for soccer events at MAPFRE Stadium. The policy places MAPFRE Stadium in line with a similar "No Bag" policy used at Ohio Stadium on the campus of The Ohio State University.
The "No Bag" policy does include an exception: guests with medical or childcare needs will be permitted to carry a single bag into MAPFRE Stadium. In order to expedite entry, those needing to bring a handbag for medical or childcare needs should contact our supporter services at 614-447-4169 or TicketOffice@ColumbusCrewSC.com in advance of the match for further instructions.
As a reminder, all items and individuals entering MAPFRE Stadium are subject to inspection. Supporters may visit http://MAPFREStadium.com/stadium-info for additional information on permissible items and other MAPFRE Stadium policies. All bags, 5-by-8-by-1-inches or exempt, will still be searched. For non-soccer events at the venue, MAPFRE Stadium policies - including the "No Bag" policy - are subject to change.
MAPFRE Stadium is set to host the SheBelieves Cup doubleheader for the United States Women's National Team against Germany and England versus France on Thursday, March 1. Tickets for the event are now on sale and available via USSoccer.com. The new "No Bag" policy will be in effect that day as well as Crew SC's first home match on Saturday, March 10 when the Black & Gold take on the Montreal Impact.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 8, 2018
- Earthquakes, Wells Fargo Introduce Dynamic New Partnership - San Jose Earthquakes
- Eikrem Shines in Second Preseason Friendly Versus California United in 5-1 Sounders Win - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact U14 Returns to Tournoi Sans Frontiere in France - Montreal Impact
- Mexican National Team to Face on March 27 at AT&T Stadium - FC Dallas
- MAPFRE Stadium Announces a "No Bag" Policy for Soccer Matches Beginning March 1 - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting KC Trades Andrew Dykstra to Colorado in Exchange for Draft Pick - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.