Earthquakes, Wells Fargo Introduce Dynamic New Partnership
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes and Wells Fargo today announced a dynamic multi-year partnership, which will see Wells Fargo become the official retail bank and credit card of the Earthquakes. The partnership is highlighted by numerous community initiatives, including Neighborhood Nights and Goals for Education.
The Quakes will host 15 Neighborhood Nights throughout the 2018 MLS regular season, beginning with Opening Night against Minnesota United FC on Saturday, March 3. Each Neighborhood Night celebrates a different community in the San Jose area, including Downtown San Jose, Willow Glen, Cambrian, Santa Clara and many more.
"We are engrained in the heart of San Jose and understand that the area is made up of vibrant micro communities that our fans feel a strong affiliation to," said Earthquakes Chief Operating Officer Jared Shawlee. "With the support of Wells Fargo, we have the platform through Neighborhood Nights to embrace our San Jose culture and celebrate these communities and their diversity throughout the 2018 season."
Residents of the recognized community will receive discounted tickets for the match, a Quakes T-shirt unique to their community and a pregame on-field experience. Additionally, community leaders will be recognized on field at every Neighborhood Night.
The partnership will also see the return of the Goals for Education program. For every goal the San Jose Earthquakes score during the regular season, Wells Fargo will donate $500 to the Goals for Education Fund. The donation, which will be capped at $30,000, will fund scholarships for Santa Clara County High School students enrolling in two or four-year colleges.
"Wells Fargo is proud to work with the San Jose Earthquakes and support the Goals for Education program," said Wells Fargo Silicon Valley Region President Jeff Rademann. "It is exciting that together we can fund local educational initiatives. When students and communities win, we all win."
Wells Fargo first signed on as a partner with the San Jose Earthquakes in 2011 and expanded its presence in soccer to include a league level partnership with Major League Soccer in 2013, as well as several MLS team partnerships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 8, 2018
- Earthquakes, Wells Fargo Introduce Dynamic New Partnership - San Jose Earthquakes
- Eikrem Shines in Second Preseason Friendly Versus California United in 5-1 Sounders Win - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact U14 Returns to Tournoi Sans Frontiere in France - Montreal Impact
- Mexican National Team to Face on March 27 at AT&T Stadium - FC Dallas
- MAPFRE Stadium Announces a "No Bag" Policy for Soccer Matches Beginning March 1 - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting KC Trades Andrew Dykstra to Colorado in Exchange for Draft Pick - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Fall 3-1 to D.C. United
- Earthquakes Earn Point in 2-2 Road Draw at Vancouver
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 14, 2018
- Earthquakes Anibal Godoy and Harold Cummings Named to Panama's Preliminary Roster for 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Earthquakes Earn 3-1 Road Win against Minnesota United FC