Sporting KC Trades Andrew Dykstra to Colorado in Exchange for Draft Pick
Sporting Kansas City announced Thursday that the club has traded goalkeeper Andrew Dykstra to the Colorado Rapids in exchange for a natural second-round pick in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft.
Dykstra, 32, joined Sporting KC ahead of the 2017 season and appeared in the club's last four regular season matches of the year. He then made his debut in the MLS Cup Playoffs on Oct. 26, saving a penalty kick as Sporting KC suffered a 1-0 extra-time loss to the Houston Dynamo in the Western Conference Knockout Round.
For a full rundown of Sporting KC's offseason moves, visit SportingKC.com/tracker.
Sporting KC will kick off the club's 23rd season in MLS on Sunday, March 4, when New York City FC visits world-class Children's Mercy Park for a nationally televised showdown on FS1. Tickets for the match are on sale now via SeatGeek.com.
Transaction: Sporting Kansas City (MLS) trades goalkeeper Andrew Dykstra to the Colorado Rapids (MLS) in exchange for a natural second-round pick in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 8, 2018
- Earthquakes, Wells Fargo Introduce Dynamic New Partnership - San Jose Earthquakes
- Eikrem Shines in Second Preseason Friendly Versus California United in 5-1 Sounders Win - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact U14 Returns to Tournoi Sans Frontiere in France - Montreal Impact
- Mexican National Team to Face on March 27 at AT&T Stadium - FC Dallas
- MAPFRE Stadium Announces a "No Bag" Policy for Soccer Matches Beginning March 1 - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting KC Trades Andrew Dykstra to Colorado in Exchange for Draft Pick - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.