Memphis Redbirds Partner with Downtown Memphis Commission for Nacho Average Tuesday
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - This season, all fans in attendance at Tuesday Memphis Redbirds games will receive a free ballpark nacho as a part of Nacho Average Tuesday® presented by Downtown Memphis Commission. The Redbirds will launch Nacho Average Tuesday® at Opening Night on Tuesday, May 4.
"The Ballpark Nacho is a quintessential baseball food that we all have missed. After the overwhelming success of providing a free nacho to every fan during the 2019 Triple-A National Championship at AutoZone Park, on a Tuesday, we came up with the idea of Nacho Average Tuesday®," Craig Unger, Redbirds President said. "Thanks to the Downtown Memphis Commission, we are excited to make it a regular feature for the 2021 season and provide a great value to our fans."
Along with free ballpark nachos, fans will have the opportunity to upgrade to barbecue nachos, an AutoZone Park signature meal, for a small upcharge.
"We look forward to welcoming visitors into Downtown and sharing a safe fan experience this year as we cheer on our Redbirds! We see Nacho Average Tuesday® as the perfect way to treat the family, gather with coworkers or celebrate with friends. It is a great reminder that Downtown Memphis is 'nacho average' neighborhood!" Penelope Huston, Vice President Marketing, Downtown Memphis Commission said.
Under the current Health & Safety Protocols, AutoZone Park will be opening the gates to a limited number of fans for Redbirds games with six feet of social distancing between groups.
Fans wishing to secure their seats now for the biggest nights of the season, including Opening Night and Fourth of July, can do so with select 3-Game Packs. Visit memphisredbirds.com/miniplans to buy yours today!
Additional information regarding the Redbirds promotional schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from April 15, 2021
- Syracuse Mets Announce 2021 Coaching Staff - Syracuse Mets
- Syracuse Mets Announce Promotional Schedule for 2021 Season - Syracuse Mets
- Veteran Experience Anchors Indy's Likely Bullpen - Indianapolis Indians
- Single Game Tickets on Sale Tuesday, April 20 - Louisville Bats
- Memphis Redbirds Partner with Downtown Memphis Commission for Nacho Average Tuesday - Memphis Redbirds
- Toledo, BGSU to Play at Fifth Third Field - Toledo Mud Hens
- Nashville Sounds Announce May Promotions Schedule - Nashville Sounds
- Gwinnett Stripers Unveil 2021 Promotions Schedule - Gwinnett Stripers
- 42 and Star Wars: A New Hope Tabbed as Preseason "Flicks at Victory Field" - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.