Mavericks Sign Pinson to Two-Way Contract
DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks announced today they have signed guard/forward Theo Pinson to a two-way contract after having previously signed him to consecutive 10-day contracts under the COVID-related hardship allowance. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Pinson (6-5, 212) signed his first 10-day on Dec. 20 and has averaged 2.5 points, 1.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 9.3 minutes in 10 games. He recorded seven points, four rebounds, three assists, a career-high four steals and one block in his Mavericks debut against Minnesota on Dec. 21. His four steals, which came in a 114-102 Mavericks win, were the most ever by a Dallas player in his debut with the team. He also had nine points in consecutive games vs. Milwaukee on Dec. 23 and at Utah on Dec. 25.
Pinson spent the beginning of this season with the Maine Celtics of the NBA G League, where he was averaging 16.4 points, 4.6 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 1.3 steals across 12 appearances (all starts).
Pinson played the last two seasons with the New York Knicks after signing with the Brooklyn Nets as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2018.
The Greensboro, North Carolina, native played four years at the University of North Carolina and helped the Tar Heels win the 2017 NCAA Championship.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 10, 2022
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Memphis Hustle, 132-130 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mavericks Sign Pinson to Two-Way Contract - Texas Legends
- Windy City Acquires Rights to Former NBA Players Andrew Harrison & Jeremy Pargo - Windy City Bulls
- Motor City Cruise Claim Marcus Thornton from Available Player Pool - Motor City Cruise
- Top Talent to Shine in NBA All-Star 2022's NBA G League Next Gem Game - NBA G League Ignite
- Charge to Face G League Ignite in Inaugural Next Gem Game - Cleveland Charge
- Stars Acquire Rayvonte Rice - Salt Lake City Stars
- Warriors Acquire Ryan Taylor and Frankie Ferrari - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars Host Skyforce and Lakers this Week - Salt Lake City Stars
- Cleveland Cavaliers Convert Brandon Goodwin to Two-Way Contract - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Loses First Regular Season Game - Wisconsin Herd
- Cruise Hand Go-Go First Loss of Regular Season - Capital City Go-Go
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.