Mavericks Sign Forward Brandon Coccimiglio
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman announced Thursday afternoon the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has signed forward Brandon Coccimiglio. Coccimiglio played seven games in the ECHL this season after playing 17 games for Mercyhurst College earlier in the year. The 23-year old forward scored one goal and one assist in seven games for the Greenville Warriors and Alaska Aces.
A native of Burlington, Ontario, Coccimiglio is in his first professional season after spending four seasons playing for Mercyhurst College. Prior to his collegiate career, the 6-foot-2, 210-pound forward played for the Burlington Cougars of the Ontario Provincial Junior Hockey League (OPJHL) for two seasons, scoring 50 points (24-2650) in 62 games over two seasons. Coccimiglio was then signed by the Chicago Steel of the United States Hockey League (USHL), where he recorded 33 points (16-1733) in 67 games over two seasons.
Missouri prepares for three-straight games against the Colorado Eagles this weekend. The Mavericks will host the Eagles on Friday, February 11 before heading to Loveland for two games at Budweiser Events Center. Tickets are available for all Mavericks' home games at the Independence Events Center Box Office, by calling (800) 745-3000 or visiting www.TicketMaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2011
- Mavericks Sign Forward Brandon Coccimiglio - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Signs Beech to Five-Game Contract - Wichita Thunder
- Jacks Snap Skid with 4-3 Shootout Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Dayton Gems Holding Shootout Between WSU and UD Club Ice Hockey Teams - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Fall in Shootout, 4-3 - Laredo Bucks
- Oilers Gear Up For Key Weekend - Tulsa Oilers
- PrairieThunder Weekend Preview - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Big Games for Brahmas this Weekend - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings to Support American Cancer Society - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.