Mavericks Shut Out Thunder 3-0
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks shutout the Wichita Thunder 3-0 in Wichita Saturday night with net minder Shane Owen in goal. The Mavericks are undefeated, 8-0-0, to start their 2013-14 season and have taken victories in their first two matchups with the Wichita Thunder in the Independence Cup series.
The game was scoreless through 20 minute of play, but a perfect pass from team Captain, Sebastien Thinel to Eric Castonguay would give the Mavericks the first tally of the match in the second period. Kyle Hood, newly returned from 7-day injured reserve doubled the Mavericks efforts with his second goal of the season to give Missouri a 2-0 lead at the end of the second period.
Colt King, who gave the Mavericks two goals on Friday night against the Thunder, secured a 3-0 lead for Missouri in the third.
Shane Owen was no doubt the hero of the game with 27 saves to shutout the Thunder. Owen is currently ranked number one in the league among goaltenders with a 1.32 GAA and .954 Sv%.
The Mavericks play their next game on Friday, November 15 on the road in Rapid City versus the Rapid City Rush at 8:05pm. The Mavericks return home on November 22nd to face the St. Charles Chill in their second game of the Show Me Cup series. With season tickets starting at just over $11 per game and FREE parking, the Mavericks are the pinnacle of family affordable entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2013
- Oilers Keep Win Streak Alive with 3-2 Shootout Win over Chill - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Shut Down by Missouri in 3-0 Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Fall Short Against Undefeated Rush In 6-5 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Denver Cutthroats Swept by Quad City Mallards - Denver Cutthroats
- Mavericks Shut Out Thunder 3-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Late Hellyer Goal Gives Mallards Win over Denver - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Add Defenseman; Make Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Down Brampton 6-1 - Allen Americans
- Arizona Falls to Rapid City in 3-2 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce Nine-Game Television Partnership with KMBC-KCWE
- Mavericks Re-Sign Defenseman Brett Beauvais
- Mavericks Send VanWormer and Sherbinin's Rights to Norfolk for Nogard's Rights and Futures
- Mavericks Add Rookie Defenseman Cole Fraser and Rookie Forward Bryan Lemos
- Mavericks Sign Forward Kozun and Blueliner McKernan