Americans Down Brampton 6-1
Brampton, Ontario - The Allen Americans defeated the Brampton Beast by a score of 6-1 on Friday night at the PowerAde Center in Brampton, Ontario.
The Americans drew first blood at 14:11 of the opening frame when Kale Kerbashian knocked a rebound past Kristofer Westblom in the Brampton net, for his 6th goal of the year, with assists from Phil Fox and Trevor Ludwig on the power play. The Beast brought the game level with seconds remaining in the period on a power play goal by Andrew Fournier, assisted by Rob Collins and Tylor Michel at 19:47 . Brampton held the edge in shots in the period by an 11-9 count.
Allen took back the lead during an early power play in the second period as Daniel Tetrault scored his first goal of the season, assisted by Alex Lavoie at the 4:03 mark. Then Jonathan Lessard notched his 6th goal of the season to extend the Americans lead to 3-1 at 15:53, assisted by Alex Lavoie and Jamie Schaafsma. At the second intermission, the Beast held the edge again shots 15-10 for a two period total of 26-19 but trailed Allen 3-1.
Once again, Allen notched an early period goal when Jonathan Lessard earned his second goal of the night at 2:04 of the third period with the assist going to Dallas Ehrhardt. A little over four minutes later, Lessard completed the natural Hat Trick with his 8th goal of the season, assisted by Alex Lavoie and Tyler Ludwig. Then Spencer Asuchak picked up his own rebound and scored on a wraparound shot, assisted by Daniel Tetrault at 14:09 to cap the night for the Americans and give Allen the 6-1 victory. Along with the three goals by Lessard, Alex Lavoie also had a multiple point night, earning three helpers in the Americans dominant performance.
The Americans remain in Brampton to close out their three game road set with a Sunday matinee game scheduled for a 2:00PM CST puck drop.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2013
- Oilers Keep Win Streak Alive with 3-2 Shootout Win over Chill - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Shut Down by Missouri in 3-0 Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Fall Short Against Undefeated Rush In 6-5 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Denver Cutthroats Swept by Quad City Mallards - Denver Cutthroats
- Mavericks Shut Out Thunder 3-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Late Hellyer Goal Gives Mallards Win over Denver - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Add Defenseman; Make Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Down Brampton 6-1 - Allen Americans
- Arizona Falls to Rapid City in 3-2 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.