Thunder Add Defenseman; Make Roster Moves
Wichita, KS (November 9th) - The Wichita Thunder of the Central Hockey League, Powered by Toyota, made several roster moves today including the signing of defenseman Karl Linden. Also, the team announced that defenseman Jesse Dudas has been activated from IR and is expected to be in tonight's line-up against the Missouri Mavericks.
Linden, 26, joins the Thunder after playing last season for the Arizona Sundogs of the CHL. A native of Sundbyberg, Sweden, the 6-foot-1, 185-pound defenseman played in 41 games last season, recording nine assists. The third-year blue liner began his pro career in 2011-12 with the Quad City Mallards before heading to Evansville, where he totaled seven points (1g, 6a) in 50 games. Prior to turning pro, Linden played a four-year career at Elmira College (NCAA D-III), where he earned several honors including being named to the ECAC West All-Rookie Team in 2007-08 and ECAC West All-Conference Team in 2008-09. In 103 career games at Elmira, Linden recorded 79 points (19g, 60a).
Defenseman Jon Madden has been placed on 14-Day IR along with Tyler Hostetter, who has been moved from 7-Day to the 14-Day IR. Defenseman Garrett Gruenke has put on the 7-Day IR. Forward Ian Lowe has been moved from the 14-Day IR to the 30-Day IR.
Wichita returns home tonight to finish a back-to-back against Missouri at 7:05 p.m. Saturday is Family Four Pack Night. Fans can purchase four tickets, four hot dogs, and four small drinks all for just $60!
Individual game tickets are on sale now. Season tickets and mini plans are still available. Don't delay, contact the Wichita Thunder Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at (316) 264-4625. Stay up-to-date on all the news this off-season by visiting www.wichitathunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2013
- Oilers Keep Win Streak Alive with 3-2 Shootout Win over Chill - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Shut Down by Missouri in 3-0 Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Fall Short Against Undefeated Rush In 6-5 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Denver Cutthroats Swept by Quad City Mallards - Denver Cutthroats
- Mavericks Shut Out Thunder 3-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Late Hellyer Goal Gives Mallards Win over Denver - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Add Defenseman; Make Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Down Brampton 6-1 - Allen Americans
- Arizona Falls to Rapid City in 3-2 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.