Mavericks Set for Scrimmage Tonight with Roster of Twenty-Seven
INDEPENDENCE, MO (Oct. 8, 2015) - The Missouri Mavericks have announced their Training Camp roster ahead of the annual Black-Orange Intra-Squad Scrimmage set to kick-off at 6:00p.m. tonight at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
The Mavs will take to the ice with twenty-seven (27) players, divided into two (2) teams (Black Team and Orange Team), for a twenty-minute scrimmage of four-on-four hockey, a ten-minute three-on-three hockey demonstration, followed by a shootout competition.
# PLAYER POS. HT WT D.O.B. HOMETOWN
1 TARAN KOZUN G 6-0 165 08-29-1994 NIPAWIN, SK, CAN
2 KANE LAFRANCHISE D 6-1 194 05-27-1988 EDMONTON, AB, CAN
4 BRYCE ANELOSKI D 6-2 200 04-27-1990 PEKIN, IL, USA
5 PATCH ALBER D 5-10 170 03-11-1989 CLIFTON PARK, NY, USA
6 COLIN MARKISON F 5-10 185 08-06-1992 PRINCETON, NJ, USA
7 TYLER BARNES F 6-0 185 02-13-1990 BURNSVILLE, MN, USA
9 TRISTAN KING F 6-1 212 11-07-1990 MINNEAPOLIS, MN, USA
10 CHRIS OWENS D 5-10 185 08-20-1989 ST. JOHN'S, NL, CAN
11 TANNER FRITZ F 5-11 183 08-20-1991 GRANDE PRARIE, AB, CAN
12 ROCCO CARZO F 6-1 219 07-01-1990 MEDIA, PA, USA
13 DAVID de KASTROZZA F 6-3 215 10-20-1986 TOMS RIVER, NJ, USA
15 SCOTT ALLEN F 6-3 202 07-06-1990 EDMONTON, AB, CAN
20 JESSE ROOT F 5-11 185 11-23-1989 PITTSBURGH, PA, USA
22 JOSH HOLMSTROM F 6-0 181 09-05-1989 COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, USA
24 C.J. LUDWIG D 6-0 194 06-08-1990 LITTLE ELM, TX, USA
26 ANDREW JOHNSTON F 6-1 195 07-06-1991 SASKATOON, SK, CAN
27 ANDREW COURTNEY F 6-3 208 06-08-1985 BELLEVILLE, ON, CAN
30 JOSH ROBINSON G 6-1 185 12-01-1989 FRANKENMUTH, MI, USA
31 JASON MISSIAEN G 6-8 220 04-25-1990 CHATHAM, ON, CAN
34 KYLE BURROUGHS D 6-0 203 07-12-1995 VANCOUVER, BC, CAN
35 PARKER MILNER G 6-1 196 09-06-1990 PITTSBURG, PA, USA
36 KELLEN JONES F 5-10 185 08-16-1990 MONTROSE, BC, CAN
41 WES CUNNINGHAM D 5-11 185 03-09-1987 LONDON, ON, CAN
44 JOHN SCHIAVO F 5-10 180 02-14-1992 EAST PATCHOGUE, NY, USA
47 DANICK PAQUETTE F 6-1 215 07-17-1990 MONTREAL, QC, CAN
49 DAX LAUWERS D 6-2 205 09-27-1997 ANCHORAGE, AK, USA
81 SEBASTIEN SYLVESTRE F 6-0 190 10-07-1993 BOUCHERVILLE, QC, CAN
The Black Team will consist of defensemen: Kane Lafranchise, Patch Alber, C.J. Ludwig, and Wes Cunningham, along with forwards: Tyler Barnes, Tristan King, Tanner Fritz, Scott Allen, Jesse Root, Kellen Jones, and Danick Paquette, and goaltenders: Parker Milner and Jason Missiaen.
The Orange Team will consist of defensemen: Bryce Aneloski, Chris Owens, Kyle Burroughs, and Dax Lauwers, along with forwards: Colin Markison, Rocco Carzo, David deKastrozza, Josh Holmstrom, Andrew Johnston, Andrew Courtney, John Schiavo, and Sebastien Sylvestre, and goaltenders Taran Kozun and Josh Robinson.
The Black-Orange Intra-Squad Scrimmage, presented by IHOP, is free to the public with a suggested donation to Community Services League (CSL) upon entrance. Fans are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items and/or packaged (new) holiday presents for children of all ages.
The South doors of the arena will open for the event at 5:45p.m. Limited concessions will be available for purchase behind Section 104. The scrimmage is scheduled to run from 6:00p.m. until 8:00p.m.
Immediately following the event, fans will have the opportunity to meet all players on the training camp roster in a special autograph session on the main arena concourse.
The Black-Orange Intra-Squad Scrimmage will double as the Mavericks official Season Ticket Holder Ticket Pick-Up event. All 2015-16 Season Ticket Holders are encouraged to attend the event to claim their ticket books and specialty hockey sticks. Additionally, Season Ticket Holders are invited to pick-up their pre-ordered Season Ticket Holder merchandise at the Top Shelf Team Store on this occasion.
Season Ticket Holders who cannot attend this event will also have opportunities to pick up their tickets on Friday, Oct. 9 from 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m., and on Saturday, Oct. 10 from 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. at the East entrance of Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
The Mavericks will play longtime rival, the Wichita Thunder, in their home-opener on Saturday, Oct. 24 at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Single-game tickets, Mini Pack Plans and Group Tickets are on sale now! Visit TicketMaster.com or call the Missouri Mavericks at 816-252-7825 to speak with a ticket representative.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 8, 2015
- Nailers Announce 2015-16 Theme: "Join the Evolution" - Wheeling Nailers
- Solar Bears Reveal New Game Jerseys for 2015-16 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears to Televise Three Games on WKMG-TV News 6 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears Announce UCF vs. University of South Carolina Game on Saturday, November 7 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Aces Acquire Forward Liam Stewart from Missouri - Alaska Aces
- Netminder Michalek Joins Mallards from Iowa - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Add to Training Camp Roster with Signing of Dziurzynski - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Set for Scrimmage Tonight with Roster of Twenty-Seven - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eagles Sign Forward Christian Isackson - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Transactions - October 8 - ECHL
- Komets Re-Sign Playmaker Embach - Fort Wayne Komets
- Walleye Trim Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Peckham Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Winter Brewfest Is Back - Toledo Walleye
- NHL Goaltending Prospect Vitek Vanecek Assigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Defenseman Maxim Lamarche Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- THUNDER ADD MOMESSO, ELLER - Adirondack Thunder
- GEICO, ECHL Announce Unprecedented Leaguewide Partnership - ECHL
- Ludwig Blomstrand Re-Assigned to Kalamazoo; Shattock, Ponich Join Camp - Kalamazoo Wings
- Komets Trim Five from Preseason Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Partner with CPD for Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.